You are not logged in.

#1 17-05-13 19:58:35

Ryan81

Phase 1 meet, cross etc

How would you teach these and incorporate all of them into the lesson? Would you start by explaining each one while stationary and then guide on the move, one-by-one? How would the overtake part work? What if there are no cars or cyclists to overtake?

17-05-13 19:58:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Phase 1 meet, cross etc

#2 17-05-13 21:19:07

Mentor
Verified Member

You pick 2 of the subjects plus anticipation. eg meet, clearance and anticipation.  I think you need the services of a good part 3 trainer to help you futher your ambition.

#3 17-05-13 21:26:17

martin Williams
Verified Member

You need to listen very carefully to the senario the SE gives you. Then ask a few relevent questions to find out what knowledge they have.

If no overtaking can take place you will find the SE will ask you questions on the subject. He/she may ask 'So where should i not overtake'? Then maybe follow it up with 'So why is that then'? Or they could ask 'Why can't i just stay behind a vehicle in front of us? The list goes on and on.

Last edited by martin Williams (17-05-13 21:28:59)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 18-05-13 13:54:01

Ryan81

Mentor wrote:

You pick 2 of the subjects plus anticipation. eg meet, clearance and anticipation.  I think you need the services of a good part 3 trainer to help you futher your ambition.

Thanks for clearing that up. I've had 40 hours formal training which I thought was very good overall but I suppose not everything can be explained in 40 hours. Perhaps watching some youtube vids may help me to understand what is required in the test more.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 18-05-13 13:58:39

Ryan81

martin Williams wrote:

You need to listen very carefully to the senario the SE gives you. Then ask a few relevent questions to find out what knowledge they have.

If no overtaking can take place you will find the SE will ask you questions on the subject. He/she may ask 'So where should i not overtake'? Then maybe follow it up with 'So why is that then'? Or they could ask 'Why can't i just stay behind a vehicle in front of us? The list goes on and on.

Ok, thanks. Telling them the whys is something which is very important, according to my instructor.

#6 18-05-13 14:24:05

MGM
Verified Member

When I was training I was told that overtaking NEVER comes up in practice on Part 3, simply because there was no way overtaking opportunities could be guaranteed to arise in the time available.

Was that just a local thing?

Board footer