You are not logged in.

#1 05-05-13 15:22:30

deryckt

Good Afternoon

Good Afternoon.

New member here, I found this forum whilst looking at the possibility of becoming an ADI and have already found a wealth of information abut driver instructor training and indeed driving in general. My thanks to the people who set up, maintain and contribute to this site.

I am a psychologist (soon to be chartered psychologist hopefully). I already have considerable experience working with anxiety, phobias, trauma, depression, OCD, etc. Like many other professions, psychologists are under pressure to do more, for less. I am looking at ways to increase my employability/income. My question is this, is there a market for an ADI who is also a psychologist? For example, working with particularly nervous learner drivers or those getting over, perhaps, an accident?

Any help, advice, opinions, on this would be welcomed.

Cheers,

Deryck

05-05-13 15:22:30

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Good Afternoon

#2 05-05-13 15:56:40

Terrier
Banned

Welcome to the forum deryckt, I would say there is an increasing demand for your skills because the number of pupils who seem to have some kind of special need is increasing by the year. Why this is happening is debateable, I only know that as an adi trainer I am asked more and more by other adi's for advice on this.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

#3 05-05-13 20:48:45

deryckt

Thanks Terrier. I will certainly consider this 'dual career' idea in more depth.

Cheers,

Deryck

Board footer