You are not logged in.

#1 30-04-13 12:00:47

BrumADI
Website

Learners needed for mock driving test filming in Birmingham

Hi, i run a driving school in Birmingham and I'm looking for pupils from across the UK that would be interested in filming some mock driving tests. I am NOT looking for work so please don't contact me for lessons or courses, i am already booked for months ahead!

I have made several of these videos before so if you want to see the kind of thing we'd be doing just look on YouTube for "Birmingham driving test" and you'll see them come up. The old ones are poor in video quality but i now shoot on a professional full HD camera system which records the outside and inside of the car so you would have to be happy to appear in the films.

You MUST be able to drive on your own and be at, or close, to test standard. Please do not apply if you can't drive comfortably on your own because you will be wasting everyone's time. These are not lessons, they are just like a real driving test and there will be no warm up or trial.  The result of the test is not important do don't worry about having to pass!

You would get all of this for free (my usual rate is 20 an hour) and this is an excellent opportunity for you to have your driving assessed independently by a highly qualified and very experienced instructor. I have over 10 years experience, am a grade 5 instructor and have done over 500 driving tests, sitting in on about 300 of them.

It's the closest you'll get to taking a test without actually taking one and you'll have the bonus of knowing that you're helping other learners to learn. The videos appear for free on YouTube so i will need you to sign a form giving me permission to use them. If you are travelling then there is a hotel next to the test centre i use in south Birmingham which only charges 19 per night and i can collect you from train or coach stations. Birmingham is easy to get to wherever you are!

You can message me on here or through my site which you can see on the link to the left or in my signature. I hope this does not break forum rules, i am not here to promote by business because i am already turning pupils away every day!

Last edited by BrumADI (30-04-13 12:04:40)

Learn all about me and my school at 1stDrive.com

30-04-13 12:00:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Learners needed for mock driving test filming in Birmingham

#2 30-04-13 13:05:30

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

Hi...I'm not a learner but can I ask the obvious...

Why don't you just use your own pupils for your videos?

Even if most are reluctant, from what you say, you have plenty to choose from smile

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

#3 30-04-13 15:41:02

BrumADI
Website

I do use my own pupils but then i know too much about them. I want it to be more realistic so that i can assess someone i don't know.

Learn all about me and my school at 1stDrive.com

#4 30-04-13 15:58:55

VandADI
Administrator

You could always contact your local ADI colleagues, see if they have any willing candidates smile

#5 30-04-13 17:28:38

Terrier
Banned

Who's going to travel to Birmingham just for a mock test, any decent adi can do their own, this just seems like some kind of publicity stunt.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

#6 30-04-13 18:43:59

Terrier
Banned

Oh my favourite singer too lol

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

Board footer