You are not logged in.

#1 13-04-13 20:57:48

big dog

DIA or ROSPA Diploma

Hi I am considering doing one of these diplomas and am aware of the advantages of the ROSPA Diploma to those considering the fleet sector of ADI work. However is there anything to recommend the DIA diploma other than an increase in knowledge and a few more letters after your name? I have no desire to work in fleet but which diploma do you feel is better? Thanks in advance.

Grade 6 DSA Instructor, ROSPA Gold, IAM First, DIAmond Special Test, ORDIT registered

13-04-13 20:57:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: DIA or ROSPA Diploma

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 14-04-13 10:48:09

Madiggy
Verified Member

They are completely different animals. The RoSPA Dip is available for all drivers, and therefore is specific to that audience, and as a spin of will give you a Fleet badge as you are an ADI. The DIA Dip DE, is specific to ADIs and has more relative themes in the study, and does not offer a fleet badge at the end.

The DIA Dip DE is the one I would recommend based on your remit above.

CONFIDENTIAL CHECK TEST TRAINING
http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk/
Life & Executive Coaching
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#3 14-04-13 12:02:41

daz6215
Verified Member

What do you want from it?

#4 14-04-13 15:04:45

big dog

I  run a driving school and am ORDIT registered and am hoping to get more credibility in the training industry vis a vis other training competition. Would be great to train more of our own instructors.

Grade 6 DSA Instructor, ROSPA Gold, IAM First, DIAmond Special Test, ORDIT registered

#5 14-04-13 15:42:03

daz6215
Verified Member

Why not go for a more academic teaching qualification then?

#6 14-04-13 16:02:56

big dog

Is the Diploma not very academic then? Does it not have much credibility?

#7 14-04-13 16:13:27

daz6215
Verified Member

I was thinking something more generic, like a Cert Ed, it would also open more doors into other things!

#8 14-04-13 17:33:13

big dog

Other revenue streams? What do you have in mind?

#9 14-04-13 19:28:56

daz6215
Verified Member

There are lots of paid jobs that require something like a Cert Ed, but if your moving into instructor training it may also help with that too, just my own personal view, I found it very beneficial!

Last edited by daz6215 (14-04-13 19:29:16)

#10 14-04-13 19:49:55

big dog

Thanks for that daz6215. I will certainly consider that as an alternative then to either of these diplomas.

Board footer