You are not logged in.

#1 20-03-13 15:32:53

HelenG
Verified Member

First Fleet Check Test.....passed grade 5 :)

I had my first fleet check test yesterday and I got grade 5 which I am extremely happy with.

I chose role play (possibly my last as I know they are doing away with it)

The examiner threw everything at me, from using inappropriate speed for the conditions to not checking left when turning left.
in fact, the only thing he didn't do wrong was not crossing his hands on the wheel.

I went into the test a little too relaxed if that's even possible.  As I will be taking a long break from instructing due to medical reasons.  So a great grade wasn't a big concern in the scale of things. I felt it was just something I had to get out of the way.

Anyway the examiner said he enjoyed the 'lesson' and graded me 5.   I was a few marks off a 6 because I was a little late in pointing out the reason WHY he wasn't checking his interior mirror (as he usually drove a van).

I'm more than chuffed with my 5 and I will aim for the 6 next time  ;-)

20-03-13 15:32:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: First Fleet Check Test.....passed grade 5 :)

#2 20-03-13 16:24:40

VandADI
Administrator

Well done Helen, great result  smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 20-03-13 17:31:20

chevronjohn
Verified Member

Well done - a very good grade  smile

John

DSA ADI ,DSA LGV Instructor, PCV Instructor, IAM, always willing to learn  smile
www.chevrontraining.co.uk
DSA Customer Test site

#4 20-03-13 20:37:17

HelenG
Verified Member

Thank you.

#5 20-03-13 20:46:40

ralge
Verified Member

Well done, indeed.
You mention that the DSA seem keen to rid themselves of role play.
My last CT was via role play and I would, given the opportunity, do the same again.
I can't see myself ever presenting an actual fleet delegate (or a member of my family ...) so I guess I'll be asking the ex. to "play" him/herself and go from there (I.e. a normal day at the office).

DSA Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Dip, PTLLS, Safed for Vans, NDAC/Speed Awareness on-road trainer, RoSPA RoAD Test Examiner.

#6 20-03-13 20:52:08

HelenG
Verified Member

Thanks
The role play did seem very relaxed and natural.   Like yourself, I didn't like the idea of taking along a family member.   So I do hope they don't do away with it because I'd definitely opt for role play again.

#7 21-03-13 06:43:22

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I find 'role play in a check test situation' more realistic to a real lesson than 'a pupil in a check test situation'.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#8 12-04-13 20:56:47

Anothony

Hi i'm Anthony driving instructor 4 years working for one of the well known driving school but i feel pretty much on my own, I've got my first fleet check test next week it will be roll play not feeling confident but just going for it, well done to you HelenG

Board footer