You are not logged in.

#1 01-04-13 07:28:10

Gratts

IAM passed - just started observer training

Greetings all

I passed IAM (car) a couple of months ago and just started observer training. Cheshire based. Look forward any guidance members can offer as well as observer learning experiences  / usefull literature other than the obvious i.e. roadcraft etc.

I am interested in why people take up advanced driving. My motive was to remove aggression - it worked!! I now enjoy driving again and have adopted an attitude of continuous improvement.

01-04-13 07:28:10

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: IAM passed - just started observer training

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 01-04-13 09:11:08

Gizmotime
Administrator

Gratts wrote:

Greetings all

I passed IAM (car) a couple of months ago and just started observer training. Cheshire based. Look forward any guidance members can offer as well as observer learning experiences  / usefull literature other than the obvious i.e. roadcraft etc.

I am interested in why people take up advanced driving. My motive was to remove aggression - it worked!! I now enjoy driving again and have adopted an attitude of continuous improvement.

Hi and welcome, congratulations on passing your IAM, The main thing I found helped was to, listen to what you are being told by the Observer's they do know what they are doing ( or they would'nt have passed the observer test) read the highway code back to front inside out and right way round again, remember your going to have to pass your knowladge onto the associate's when you take them out.
Also read know your traffic signs book as well, but most of all enjoy the experience.
I'm sure you'll do well.

Good Luck.

Giz smile

#3 01-04-13 19:16:38

ralge
Verified Member

Mind Driving is, for me, the Defensive Driving bible that should be added into the mix if we are about producing better well-rounded drivers and maybe not just "Advanced".

DSA Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Dip, PTLLS, Safed for Vans, NDAC/Speed Awareness on-road trainer, RoSPA RoAD Test Examiner.

#4 02-04-13 06:48:34

Gratts

Thanks for that

Board footer