You are not logged in.

#26 20-02-13 08:15:38

Evan
Administrator

Re: Assessment before test?

Hi Kaf, I see your point but I'm sure there was a case a year or two ago where a car with an Indian couple (the guy supervising was her husband), ran some children over, I thought they were both prosecuted for that if my memory serves me right that is.

20-02-13 08:15:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 20-02-13 13:45:30

Evan
Administrator

Cheers Peter

Have to say though the husband was a bit of a clot putting her into that situation with so little knowledge and skills.

Last edited by Evan (20-02-13 19:24:52)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#28 21-03-13 12:20:35

BB Driving School
Website

I would definately take the assessment lesson, I would still be getting paid for my work so I dont see a problem.  Although I would recommend your daughter does a few lessons with an ADI.  The standard required might be alot different from the one you are teaching.

#29 26-03-13 17:17:12

SPMotoring.com
Website

If I was a parent and as a recently retired ADI I would do exactly the same BUT it is admirable that you are putting so much time into this so that you are teaching her HOW to drive and not just pass a test. It is almost as if the test is just a formality your daughter has to undergo to allow her the freedom to go out WITHOUT you. Bet you will still feel stressed when she goes out alone the first time... I am 46 now and can still remember my parents faces my first SOLO trip!

Safe Proficient Motoring - Learn to Drive, WITHOUT being in a Car...  cool

#30 20-04-13 23:28:26

bradders
Verified Member

I would definitely take some professional advice on driving techniques, unless you are qualified as an advanced driver and up to date with current test standards.  The test is continually evolving and changing.  I was working as an ADI until four years ago and am completely out of date now with the current test.  I am in the process of refreshing myself before a check test.

Furthermore take advice from your insurance company with regards to your daughter having lessons in her car, any ADI will check their standing regards insurance.  As an ex examiner, I had very smooth tests in some 'private vehicles' but I did have a pupil write her car off on test once.  It is  a nervous time for a pupil on test and they can be unpredictable.  When a pupil is well prepared it is not usually a problem.

The other thing I would consider is having two ADI's to give your daughter mock tests.  It is something I used to do as an ADI, I worked in partnership with an ADI I knew and all of my pupils did a mock test with this guy, who I told to be realistically firm and somewhat austere. If she has had a few mock tests and passes then she will be more able to cope well with a test situation and her confidence will be boosted by her successes.

Last edited by bradders (20-04-13 23:30:38)

Hypnotherapist, Artist, Picture Framer, GDB (general dogs body) and ADI - 2002

'We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are'. Anais Nin

Board footer