You are not logged in.

#1 15-03-13 17:52:22

0z0ne

Need advice for Driving instructor directory website!

Hi guys,

I was looking for a driving instructor this weekend and looked through a lot of websites. Currently, almost every driving instructor directory website seems to be ugly and not very user friendly, so over the weekend my mate and I scraped together a quick prototype. Essentially we're making sure we meet the following criteria:

- Mobile friendly (a lot of mobile searches these days)
- Looks good
- No clutter, no advertisements.
- Easy to use
- SEO work (eg user-friendly uri structure) to ensure high search engine rankings

I just had a few questions and would like some advice on the following topics:

- In terms of listing, do you prefer listing with just postcodes or listing with a city (or both?)
- Would you like a built-in utility for appointments or do you maintain your own?
- How would you like the student to contact you? through the website or straight e-mail?
- How much would you be willing to pay for a "premium" listing on the search page. For example if a pupil searches for your postcode and or city and 10 people show up, would you be willing to pay £10 per month to make sure your name (or your driving schools) is on top (sponsored result)?

15-03-13 17:52:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Need advice for Driving instructor directory website!

#2 15-03-13 18:19:46

Terrier
Banned

someone else trying to get in on the directory scam, you are just after info to launch a site, your little story is a load of BS

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 15-03-13 18:26:29

0z0ne

Terrier wrote:

someone else trying to get in on the directory scam

I don't see how this is a scam?

Terrier wrote:

you are just after info to launch a site

Well yeah, as the title suggests, I'm looking for advice from self-employed individuals prior to the launch to ensure that I have the best product possible.

Terrier wrote:

your little story is a load of BS

Well, this screenshot of the prototype seems to suggest otherwise:

GFccVSu.png

#4 15-03-13 18:36:30

VandADI
Administrator

Hi OzOne,
I think you will find we are an honest bunch of hard working ADIs who share a common passion for the driver training industry - I think Terrier is referring to the fact that you state you are looking for a driving instructor, and if that is the case, if you could give us more information into what your requirements are, I am sure there is someone on this forum that can help you learn to drive as this forum was created for the driver training industry.
Over the years, we have had many uni students join this forum looking to complete their final year projects, and creating a "driving instructor directory" is one of them.
Now, I am not saying this is true in your case, but if you were genuinely looking for an instructor, your first post would have been very different.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 15-03-13 18:42:56

0z0ne

VandADI wrote:

Hi OzOne,
I think you will find we are an honest bunch of hard working ADIs who share a common passion for the driver training industry - I think Terrier is referring to the fact that you state you are looking for a driving instructor, and if that is the case, if you could give us more information into what your requirements are, I am sure there is someone on this forum that can help you learn to drive.

I actually found an instructor but I still wanted to proceed with the idea of creating a functional directory website. It seems that they're not very popular around here!

VandADI wrote:

Over the years, we have had many uni students join this forum looking to complete their final year projects, and creating a "driving instructor directory" is one of them.
Now, I am not saying this is true in your case, but if you were genuinely looking for an instructor, your first post would have been very different.

Ah right, yeah, I wanted to create a nice little directory site but from the replies, I doubt many ADIs will use it. I guess there are just too many sites out there.

Board footer