You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 21-02-13 21:52:18

RobC
Verified Member
Website

Re: Check Test Fear

I think choice of pupil for role play is very important and thats without having a no show which put you under even more pressure so I would say a good result!

Strangely I didnt feel nervous or under pressure on my last check test, however Fleet CTs even in role with the SE giving me a hard time is probably more predictable a learner!

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

21-02-13 21:52:18

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 21-02-13 21:53:30

MAZ
Verified Member

Well done Robbie and Lady H, chill out for a few years now!

Maz

#28 22-02-13 19:28:08

Saint_Albans_ADI
Website

Robbie sounds like you got the rough end with the pupil not showing up for the original CT
4 5 or 6 does not really matter most of us teach better than we do on a check test I went from a 6 to a 5 and was not upset and if it had been a 4 would it matter really

Keep practicing and as Maz says chill for a few years !

Driving Lessons in and around Saint Albans Hertfordshire
www.i-passed.co.uk

#29 22-02-13 21:00:44

michaelat50
Verified Member

congratulations lady H got mine on march 20th unsure what to do it depends on the pupil i take with me and how far along in there training michael

#30 22-02-13 21:30:29

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Exactly my view,
as long as i can still teach people to drive which is what i enjoy, i know that my lesson didnt go as it would normally, and even my pupil told me after that he felt nervous having someone in back, and everytime she made notes it distracted him, and when he checked his blind spots he could see her, which also put him off.
I had my CT planned and then had to throw it together at last minute.
BUT at the end of the day if we teach the same way for every lesson and do the same every lesson, why should it be different???

#31 23-02-13 07:53:08

Andrew lefthandseat
Verified Member

Well done Robbie, you were very unlucky that day. As others have said, all you need is the licence!  smile

If the DSA want to test you in a normal environment, shouldn't the DE meet you at the learner's house (at the weekend if necessary) and let you do a normal lesson? If the pupil vanishes (extremely rare) they could do role play. Most of my pupils are at work or school during the day.

#32 23-02-13 08:48:09

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Ive always thought sitting in on one lesson is a bit unfair, as if you have a nightmare lesson, that will reflect in your score but if they spent half a day with you and do maybe 3 lessons, you can relax and probably do better over the 3.
Also its the times they give you, 8.45am in morning. i start at 9.15 usually and even then its hard to get people to have lessons as its too early.

The girl i was supposed to have on Thursday text me at 1.25pm very apologetic, and she said she thought it was Friday, even though it hard thursday on her card, but she had only just got up.

Board footer