You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 19-02-13 23:51:48

MarkWxmADI
Website

Hellooooooooo

Hi y'all

Im brand spankin new on here but Im liking what I am reading so far!!
Its a great idea for everyone to be able to get together like this, very social, very helpful & just very nice indeedy.

Im a PDI just preparing for my Part 2 and enjoying every minute of it. After lots of travelling & living in the Caribbean for the last 15 years Ive finally come home to fulfil my lifetime ambition..... to be a driving instructor! (as I was training for my L test 21 yrs ago I always said I would become an ADI)

I passed my Part 1 just before Christmas 2012 with a 98/62 and Im training with LDC which I am more than impressed with. (I looked in to many others but LDC seemed to tick all the boxes for me) Im a very happy man & long may that continue  wink

I look forward to chattin with you all sometime soon & thank you for taking the time to read my Hello  big_smile

Mark

Part 1 - 19/12/12 - 1st time - 98/62
Part 2 - 03/04/13 - 1st time - 3 faults
Part 3 - 11/09/13 - 1st time - 4/4 PST 5
http://www.learningwithmark.co.uk/

19-02-13 23:51:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hellooooooooo

#2 20-02-13 20:20:07

Iggy
Verified Member
Website

Welcome to the Forum Mark..

smile

DSA CBT1D - RPMT
RoSPA (Dip) Advanced Motorcycle Instructor
www.njrmotorcycletraining.com

#3 20-02-13 20:23:05

VandADI
Administrator

Hello Mark and welcome to our forum, enjoy  smile

#4 20-02-13 20:51:00

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

HI Mark,

i did my training with LDC and found them very good, and i also stayed with them for 8 1/2years as instructor.
I decided to leave them in Dec 2011, only because i felt it time to go alone.

good luck and all the best

#5 20-02-13 21:29:17

MarkWxmADI
Website

Hi guys,
Thanx for the well wishes, its very much appreciated!

Robbie thank you for that reply I really think I'll be following a similar path to the one you took.... I also notice you are in Shrewsbury?! I am really considering taking my part 2 test there due to availability around my area!? Anything I should be aware of, any pros or cons in that area?? Any info would be gratefully received thank you  wink

#6 20-02-13 22:17:37

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

Welcome Mark.    smile

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#7 20-02-13 22:25:13

MarkWxmADI
Website

Thanx Rob! Well done & congrats with your videos, Ive watched them on you tube, very clear, easy to understand & very helpful. Great job, keep up the good work my friend  wink

#8 20-02-13 22:34:17

MAZ
Verified Member

Welcome to the forum Mark, good luck with pt2.

Maz.

#9 20-02-13 22:37:38

MarkWxmADI
Website

Thanx Maz! I notice you are not too far away from me  smile

#10 21-02-13 06:41:02

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Shrewsbury is quite ok, although there is a roundabout on the dual carriageway that you need to be aware of.
Emstrey roundabout can be a killer if youre not used to it

#11 21-02-13 22:09:36

MarkWxmADI
Website

Brilliant thanx Robbie I'll look in to that cheers mate  cool

#12 03-04-13 21:46:34

MarkWxmADI
Website

Hi Robbie just a quick message to get back to you about my part 2! I had it today in Upton, Birkenhead & passed first time with 3 minors I am soooooo happy big_smile

i couldnt take it at Shrewsbury as they didnt have the availability when i needed it

I hope things are going well for you & the weather hasnt caused to much hassle where you are

Take care & speak soon

Mark

#13 04-04-13 06:19:49

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Well done Mark,
now onto part 3.

I am well and business is busy, fully booked to end of April and constantly getting new enquiries and new starters.

The weather has been fine here, and it was only 2 weekends ago that we had loads of snow, but i don't work weekends so it had all gone by the Monday
If you need any advice etc, give me a shout.
Are you training with Mal Williams?

#14 04-04-13 12:39:07

MarkWxmADI
Website

Thanx for the message Robbie Im gonna give myself a week or so off before I start the part 3 its been quite intense lately gettin ready for the part 2 test so my head needs a lil break!!!

Im glad the weather never caused you any hassle I guess it could be one of the occupational hazards during certain seasons!?

Im doing my training with Mike Harkin (Ellesmere Port/Chester) LDC. Im really happy with him & the training and based on the fact that Im passing my tests first time so far then I can only say good things about the way it is being set up & conducted eh I cant complain at all....

Green badge here I come hehe  wink

#15 20-04-13 19:36:15

bradders
Verified Member

Well good luck with part three, make sure you are well prepared..... that is my advice, I passed second time.   I almost threw the supervising examiner out of my car, he was so naughty!  I stopped the test and told him to walk home.  He was very, very into his role play, and I was very surprised and unprepared for how badly he would behave.

Needless to say I failed my first attempt! I would have definitely thrown out a pupil who behaved as he did.  AS I said to him, I am not that desperate to earn money, that I would teach someone who ignored my instructions so completely as he did.   BE prepared, take control, never give them an inch.  Control control.  That is my advice, and as I said !!!!!!!! good luck!!

Last edited by bradders (20-04-13 19:37:54)

Hypnotherapist, Artist, Picture Framer, GDB (general dogs body) and ADI - 2002

'We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are'. Anais Nin

#16 21-04-13 14:08:20

MarkWxmADI
Website

Wow Bradders thanx for the heads up & the insight I never once thought they could or would take it that far!!???

I know we are told to never ass u me & always expect the unexpected but Wow thats woke me up to what could happen!?
I will indeed take your advice & be prepared for anything on the day & I hope things have got at least a little smoother for you since gaining that green badge  wink

I will keep everyone posted on how things are going as & when I get any news or questions

Mark  big_smile

#17 21-04-13 20:12:44

absadi
Verified Member
Website

Welcome Mark and good luck with your part 3.

#18 22-04-13 13:39:50

bradders
Verified Member

Preparation is the key to most things, good support, good role play scenario's, and lots of practice and preparation.

Hypnotherapist, Artist, Picture Framer, GDB (general dogs body) and ADI - 2002

'We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are'. Anais Nin

Board footer