You are not logged in.

#1 11-02-13 00:35:08

Cat8t3
Verified Member

DS3 Dstyle/sport

Hi guys

I'm really liking the DS3, had a test drive yesterday. But the sales man couldn't answer a few simple questions.

I know instructors use them, so I asked how you turn off the parking sensors(as you must be able too) He didn't know, I can't find anything on the citreon website either.
Could any of you inform me please.

Also I think on either the Dstyle or sport model, when the car brakes suddenly the hazard warning lights come on briefly. Which I think is a great idea, as saves yourself doing it when slowing down suddenly on the motorway. But obviously this will happen when doing an emergency stop on test. I'm presuming this would be ok, or are you able to turn off this feature as well?

Thanks in advance

Cat

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

11-02-13 00:35:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: DS3 Dstyle/sport

#2 11-02-13 08:09:59

trunkmonkey

I have the DSport. I opted for that model because I wanted the 110 and that engine did not come in the DStyle.

When I bought mine parking sensors were an optional extra. Check to see if that is still the case. Showroom/demonstrator models tend to be packed with accessories.
Ask for a specification sheet.
Normally you can enter the SET UP menu and that gives a list of options to activate/deactivate equipment.
I've looked at the only other option - the fuse. Don't try that one. It's on the same relay as the airbag unit.

As for the hazard lights, it doesn't happen on mine.
Whilst I  don't have a problem with anything that is deemed to improve safety, the use of hazard lights as you have described takes it outside the (UK) law, so I'm surprised they got that one through Type Approval, or has the law changed?

#3 11-02-13 08:32:33

Roadmaster
Verified Member

I think the hazards only operate on hard braking from high speed.  They wouldn't activate on a low speed emergency stop.

#4 11-02-13 10:02:41

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Thanks guys, that's really helpful!  smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 11-02-13 10:58:11

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

Hazards come on in my 59 plate C3 from less than 30 mph...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 11-02-13 14:33:45

martin_t
Verified Member

trunkmonkey wrote:

I have the DSport. I opted for that model because I wanted the 110 and that engine did not come in the DStyle.

Whilst I  don't have a problem with anything that is deemed to improve safety, the use of hazard lights as you have described takes it outside the (UK) law, so I'm surprised they got that one through Type Approval, or has the law changed?

It's been legal to show hazard lights when the driver deems it appropriate during heavy braking for many years I thought. However, you appear to be correct! It's only allowed on motorways or dualled NSL roads. Well, not NSL's according to HWC, but 'unrestricted' DC's. What's that then? I got well and truly corrected as a PDI when I referred to the NSL sign as 'derestricted'!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 11-02-13 17:55:33

trunkmonkey

martin_t wrote:
trunkmonkey wrote:

It's been legal to show hazard lights when the driver deems it appropriate during heavy braking for many years I thought. However, you appear to be correct! It's only allowed on motorways or dualled NSL roads. Well, not NSL's according to HWC,but 'unrestricted' DC's. What's that then? I got well and truly corrected as a PDI when I referred to the NSL sign as 'derestricted'!

Unrestricted:

"A dual-carriageway within the meaning given by paragraph 2 of Schedule 6 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 on which a motor vehicle may lawfully be driven at a speed exceeding 50 mph"

I think most people would have thought it to be 70

#8 11-02-13 21:37:03

martin_t
Verified Member

Thanks for that :-)

So, that means a DC with a 60 sign, or an NSL sign. I can't ever recall seeing a 60 sign anywhere (not including matrix variable speed limits), except in Scotland on single carriageways.

#9 11-02-13 22:12:08

trunkmonkey

Have at look at this;
I don't know how to upload but I'll try this first.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Thorpe+ … ,,0,-15.32

You should see a terminal 60 sign on what is at that point a single carriageway. 50 yds ahead is a dual carriageway - with a 60 speed limit.
Turn around and go back and you pass a NSL sign behind the 60

I think that's quite unique.

I often pose the question. I'm on a NSL single carriageway and pass a terminal sign but there is no change in speed limit. How?

#10 11-02-13 23:33:55

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Hazards come on in my 59 plate C3 from less than 30 mph...

so I'm guessing its ok on test, or can you turn this feature off?

Cheers cat

#11 12-02-13 06:22:54

MAZ
Verified Member

Wessex wrote:

I was going to reply to this Cat as I have an Airdream.

Sounds like Martin Luther King, only "on something"! lol  lol  tongue

Maz.

#12 12-02-13 07:29:16

Cat8t3
Verified Member

That's great, I am leasing it through citreon and have gone for the sport, as it comes with a space saver rather than repair it.  smile and for the extra 5 a week in lease I get extra features that will be useful when I'm on my own.

It does have 17'' alloys but my dads mate repairs alloys. Lets just hope they dont keep bashing the kerb and popping the tyres.

I asked another instructor yesterday about the parking sensors and he said you can turn them off through the cars  computer settings in vehicle parameters you can turn off the Day running lights and the parking sensors etc. they didn't have a clue at citreon, I'm not even sure if the sport comes with them.

Thanks everyone

#13 12-02-13 08:51:39

martin_t
Verified Member

trunkmonkey wrote:

Have at look at this;

I often pose the question. I'm on a NSL single carriageway and pass a terminal sign but there is no change in speed limit. How?

Cool!

It's not a terminal sign, it's the speed limit for the road we're about to enter, which isn't NSL, and without any other signage would involve an increase in the legal maximum speed. Hmm - will that do?

BTW, that's close enough to Scotland to qualify as a place where weird signage is allowed.

#14 12-02-13 15:55:21

trunkmonkey

Terminal signs to diagram 670 (as in the photograph),  are used to indicate the beginning of maximum speed limits.
On dual carriageway roads only (as in the photograph), they may indicate a speed of 60 mph.
Diagram 670 is not used to indicate the national speed limit; the appropriate sign is that shown in diagram 671 (NSL sign).

Traffic Signs Manual 3  Section 14.4

And, I live furtherr north than this sign so Yes I'm probably a Border Reiver.

Board footer