You are not logged in.

#1 22-06-05 20:41:52

Delta
Verified Member

Failing part three tomorrow

I'm due to fail my first ever part three test tomorrow morning at 10am ...

... just thought I'd mention that.

22-06-05 20:41:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failing part three tomorrow

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 22-06-05 21:42:32

AlphaBob
Verified Member

Delta,

Why take it if you know your going to fail, there is only 3 attempts at it. I've put my first attempt at part 3 back a few weeks to try and make sure I'm as fully prepared as possible.

Whose the Daddy!!!
www.bobsdrivingschool.co.uk

#3 22-06-05 21:51:15

Delta
Verified Member

Thanks but I'm going to go for it - I'm as ready as I'll ever be without taking extra training - just last minute nerves talking.

Fingers crossed!

#4 22-06-05 22:18:58

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

You be fine.
Deep breaths before hand.
Good luck

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#5 23-06-05 06:40:53

Rauxaman

"Go for it" is all I can say

Got my first crack on Monday and it will be like stepping into the unknown  :?

Good Luck

#6 23-06-05 13:47:15

Rog
Website

See what happens when you tempt fate Delta   roll

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#7 23-06-05 13:52:30

Rog
Website

I could have booked mine for August, but seeing how LDC don't carry out inductions that month (holidays etc.) I postponed it to the 27th of Sep ready for their next induction on the 28th (positive/wishful thinking). That way I've got plenty more time to practice and have booked an additional 5 double lessons with my LDC instructor, plus I sit in on my nieces lessons, have lessons with her ADI and my training partner Mark.

I don't want to have to go through this test twice!!

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#8 23-06-05 13:55:50

Rauxaman

How many hours Pt3 training will that make Rog?
Also how many months?

I will have done 36hrs and 3 months and feel that I'm at the minimum

#9 23-06-05 14:39:50

Delta
Verified Member

But is that 36 decent hours?

I had 60 hours training but some of that was classroom sessions and all car sessions were 2 trainees to 1 trainer.

The company who do my training (who will remain anonTICamous) make sure that you 'see or do' every lesson. (lesson in this case means the 10 individual phase 1 lessons and the 8 ondividual phase 2)

That means that out of the 18 lessons, I sat in the back of the car and watch another trainee do / muck up 9 of them.

I did / mucked up the other 9, infact, in the 60 hours I have had, I only ever did 2 lessons from beginning to end. (reverse park phase 2 and moving off and stopping phase 1). The rest were either observed or I did them and was interuppted before I finished.

I do believe that the training I received from the individual trainers has been very good, but the course is structured all wrong.

(keeping pretty cool seeing as I failed part 3 today)

#10 23-06-05 15:02:43

Rog
Website

Rauxaman,

8.5 hours over the last 6 weeks so far, with 30 hours to use in total (including 10 additional hours that I'll be paying for). All 1 to 1, plus 90 mins per week with my trainer partner. And 2 hours per week (starting 3 weeks ago) with a local ADI. Plus 2 one hour lessons per week teaching my wife.

Because I'm at home on full time study I'm spending 4 to 5 hours per day watching training vids, lesson plans and briefs etc. My LDC instructor has said I'm well above the average for this amount of lessons. I am struggling though now with the talk through and core competancies. It's one thing reading a book and watching a video, but it's a whole new ball game once you're rolling!!

#11 23-06-05 15:06:57

AlphaBob
Verified Member

Delta,

Sorry to hear that. At least you now know what is expected when you take it next time. What PST did you get today and why do you think you failed.

Whose the Daddy!!!

#12 23-06-05 15:13:34

AlphaBob
Verified Member

Delta,
Disregard the last as I see you have answered my questions in another thread.

Whose the Daddy!!!

#13 23-06-05 19:25:39

pk1

Positive thinking can help a lot - why be negative - you CAN do it so go and prove your doubting self wrong - all the best  lol

#14 23-06-05 19:31:08

Rauxaman

I was with the now defunct Roadcraft but I do have them to thank for supplying my trainer, I do not think that the quality could have been better. Also they did promise a full 35 hrs of one to one training, I got 24 before they went belly up. I now pay him directly.

The 36 hrs were 18no 2 hour in car, one to one sessions. We always do the full PST, phase 1 and 2. Chris (my trainer) now just tells me when we meet which PST we are going to do and we take it from there. Still haven't really nailed a full PST fully yet but I always try to take on board where I went wrong every time.
Last session tomorrow so I fully intend to hit it hard.

Fully agree with how things change when things start rolling and how finding the correct words can be a struggle in the few seconds that are available.

#15 23-06-05 21:43:58

dashdriving.com
Website

Hi,

Just thought I'd place a couple of links to some 'last minute' advice I've written previously. I really do hope that some of it helps.

The most important thing is to just keep it together, remember the SE is a learner, and all you have to do is give a driving lesson . . .

http://www.ukdic.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5677

http://www.ukdic.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5219

regards,

Dave Hartley
ADI Trainer for Dash driving

www.dashdriving.com

you never do anything wrong,
you just find new ways of not doing it right.

#16 24-06-05 08:31:57

Rauxaman

Thanks for that Dave-

I've printed out the first one as it is just what I wanted.
I'm having my last session today and then I'm taking the weekend off, away from driving (and the internet).
Just going to chill and get ready, I'll let you know how I get on.

Board footer