You are not logged in.

#1 16-07-12 20:58:00

Bouncer2005
Verified Member

Another Yaris or a Corsa

Hello everyone

The time has now come to replace my present Yaris 1.4 D4D.  However, i am not sure to go for another Yaris or a 1.3 Corsa Diesel, which is popular with learners and i thought was nice to drive on a recent test drive.

has anyone any opinions of a Corsa for a learner car and would you recommend one?  I guess I am looking for a reason to get a Corsa for a change, but any strong opinions?

many thanks

16-07-12 20:58:00

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Another Yaris or a Corsa

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 16-07-12 21:35:47

Barry500
Website

Hi stick with what you know if you change to a different car you run the rusk of losing some which don't like it....... I have in the past changed to a different make and it was a hard job to keep some going. Be aware !!

#3 17-07-12 08:34:38

fishie
Banned
Website

In our fleet i own 37 corsa's and imo think they are beter value than the yaris BUT TAKE NOTE the vauxhall warrenty does not work with a driving school. We expext and cost in for the clutch to go at about 1.5 years or 50,000 miles and if it was not for the fact that i buy direct i would swap straight over to the hyundai range. Their warrenty will cover a driving school and is up to the first 100,000 miles. Most kids think these two cars are "funky" therefore you should have no problem in swapping over.

www.fishersdrivingschool.co.uk
Remember only dead fish's go with the flow
Grade 6 by fluke this and last time
Some cardigan in the wardrobe non ordit

#4 17-07-12 12:06:07

mon
Verified Member
Website

hi I teach in a lovely black Corsa all pupils love it with piano black dashboard,1.2 petrol Design model,seats could be more comfortable but overall great car with good visibility all round.

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

#5 17-07-12 14:41:02

Mentor
Verified Member

Depends on whether you are buying or leasing it. 15K for a diesel Yaris!.  I would be needing a big discount before I invested in a new Yaris and I hate the Corsa.  At the end of the day it comes down to overall running costs and if you can afford it buy what you like.  Personally, I will be running my current vehicle into it's 4th Year, something I have never done before but it makes financial sense in the current climate.

#6 17-07-12 18:42:44

mahoney
Website

used to have a corsa sxi 1.2 petrol, would not pull you out of bed never mind up a hill, currently use a fiesta 1.4 petrol and the pupils love it.

#7 17-07-12 19:27:16

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I've had solid reliable experiences with 4 Toyotas. Had 1 Corsa briefly and didnt like it, fell to bits as well (2 faults in a month, it's the only car that's ever caused me to have to cancel lessons)

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#8 17-07-12 19:54:54

Bouncer2005
Verified Member

Many thanks for all the replies!  I will probably be leasing the car and I think I would also choose Black....mixed comments so plenty of food for thought!  any more comments gladly welcome smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 17-07-12 20:36:35

martin Williams
Verified Member

fishie wrote:

In our fleet i own 37 corsa's and imo think they are beter value than the yaris BUT TAKE NOTE the vauxhall warrenty does not work with a driving school. We expext and cost in for the clutch to go at about 1.5 years or 50,000 miles and if it was not for the fact that i buy direct i would swap straight over to the hyundai range. Their warrenty will cover a driving school and is up to the first 100,000 miles. Most kids think these two cars are "funky" therefore you should have no problem in swapping over.

Hi Fishie,

You may be pleased to know that Hyundai's 5 year unlimited warranty does apply to Driving school cars its in the small print. Unlike as you say taxi's and other comercial use purchases which just get the 100,000 warranty.

I should know because i have the warranty book of my i20 Diesel Style in front of me which clearly states driving school cars get the full unlimited milage warranty as a private user purchase.

Mine is 15 months old just over 42,000 miles had a couple of minor problems requiring warranty work. Rattle in the door and the clutch switch which caused over reving at idle. Both were sorted at short notice no problem. I'm planning to keep it for the full 5 years when the milage by then will prob be around 175,000 miles. Oh and it has more bhp, better mpg and is cheaper than the Corsa to buy.

#10 17-07-12 21:26:02

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Yaris without a doubt.

Better built and better after sales.

#11 18-07-12 11:05:16

fishie
Banned
Website

MARTIN
thanks for that i did not know it was the full 5 years but we only keep them round about the 2 year mark so the rest realy is of no interest. I am very surprised to hear you say though that the hyundia is cheaper than the corsa to buy as we have found the opposite to be true and now we enjoy a good percentage discount its even cheaper.

www.fishersdrivingschool.co.uk
Remember only dead fish's go with the flow
Grade 6 by fluke this and last time
Some cardigan in the wardrobe non ordit

#12 31-01-13 19:40:09

Cat8t3
Verified Member

What did you go for in the end??

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

Board footer