You are not logged in.

#1 27-01-13 14:51:30

Cat8t3
Verified Member

SEAT IBIZA NIGHTMARE!!

Hi Guys,

I've posted about my nightmare of a car before, but I am really at my witsend now.

After my 2k engine bill, £500 servo bill. And now I have this strang knocking when I lift the Brake pedal, but only when it is in reverse. Also a knock is coming from the nearside front corner when ever I go over a man hole cover, slight unbalance in the road etc. If only all the roads were perfectly tarmaced as it is obviously doesnt knock when I drive on the smooth roads.

Well I called My local SEAT dealer who I bought the car from in the 1 st place. I asked them if they were to look at at and identify the fault, would I have to pay anything. They assured me that I wouldn't, they would just give me a quote for the repair once the fault had been found.

They had it in on Friday, and called me at 5pm to say they had the car up and looked at the all joints, rubber seals etc, and couldn't see anything unterward, so they took apart my braking system and put it back together, and after a road test that seems to have fixed it, but they couldn't tell me what exactly was the problem. This is when I said greta, are you actually telling me, that for once my car is going to cost me nothing. The service guy said, Oh no we spent an hour trying to find and identify the fault, so it will be £100.80. I told him that they had agreed to look at my car and identify the problem and then give me a quote, and therefore I shouldn't have to pay, as they have admitted they didnt even know how they fixed it.

Well, Thank goodness I didn't pay the £100.80 as today I have gone out in my car and its knocking more than it did before, grrrrrrr. The thing is, If A SEAT dealer can not find a fault, how the heck I am supposed to find anyone else that can fix it. The noise is driving me insane. I dont know what to do, I still have a years loan on the car, so If I part ex I still have my loan to pay, and to be honest I dont want to just sell it, as It's not fair to become someone esles problem.

I'm also in the predicament, of do I buy again, do I lease or do I get a one on HP loan. Or do I just keep trying to fix this one until my loan is paid.

Your advice would be very much appreciated.  smile

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

27-01-13 14:51:30

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: SEAT IBIZA NIGHTMARE!!

#2 27-01-13 15:22:10

Roadmaster
Verified Member

If it's on finance contact the finance co.  It's their responsibility to provide a car fit for purpose.

#3 27-01-13 15:25:15

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Its not mate. I got a personal loan from the bank.  sad

#4 27-01-13 16:47:56

martin Williams
Verified Member

I would take it to another garage.

A knocking noise does not need any special knowledge to investigate the problem, so you may get better service from an independent garage .

#5 27-01-13 21:11:22

The Duke

noises are very hard to find, can you feel it

#6 27-01-13 21:12:51

The Duke

Is it though the pedle, the steering the seat, etc

#7 27-01-13 21:30:48

boing boing
Verified Member
Website

Agree with Martin.  Labour costs will be around half and customer service at least twice as good at a good independent.  The independent needs your return custom.  Have you asked other local instructors if they can provide a recommendation?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#8 28-01-13 11:30:12

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Agree with Martin and boing boing.
Dealer workshops are more likely to give the car to an apprentice or two to play with unsupervised.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#9 28-01-13 20:41:05

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Hi,

Its clunks when I release the brake pedal and it sounds like, its coming from under the passenger footwell!

Thanks for that link I'll have a look.

Cheers Guys. smile

#10 28-01-13 20:51:11

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Arhh, BS

One of the members on that forum, said his noise was coming from passenger footwell, but hadn't replied himself to what it was. sad
But I'm going to mention the drop link thingy to another garage.  smile

#11 28-01-13 23:37:22

The Duke

Could it be your dual controls

#12 29-01-13 22:38:46

james S.O.M

I had the some knocking noice in my fiesta and it turned out to be the brake pads being slightly out of shape or loose so were able to move when you changed from forward to reverse, my local garage did a little alteration and have been fine ever since.

hope that helps

#13 29-01-13 23:40:03

Cat8t3
Verified Member

James that really does help. As I've had problems with my brakes, they've been taken apart so many times, I've had new callipers etc, so there could be some play in the pads. I've spoken to a local Independant who has fixed my hubby's car a few times, and they are going to look at it when I have some free time. :-)

#14 29-01-13 23:41:16

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Duke, my duals have been checked. It's not that :-(

Board footer