You are not logged in.

#1 25-01-13 18:45:42

Bouncer2005
Verified Member

Indie instructions

What do you think of this as an instruction on a recent test....Take the 2nd right, 2nd left, 3rd right and 1st right!!!

Any comments?

25-01-13 18:45:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Indie instructions

#2 25-01-13 19:08:55

(ROG)
Verified Member

Fine, as long as the learner has been clearly informed that they may ask again, and again, and ........

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#3 25-01-13 19:12:56

Bouncer2005
Verified Member

Thanks....I personally think this is a really poor indie instruction, making the test little more than a confusing memory test than driving independently.

#4 25-01-13 19:14:32

martin Williams
Verified Member

I may be wrong but is the Examiner only supose to to give no more than 3 directions for the independent drive?

I looked at it a couple of times and have forgot the directions. So what hope has the candidate got?

#5 25-01-13 19:14:37

mdf0075

its not great but like ROG said as long as pupil understands. I think its a bit long to remember all of that, but that depends on the distance covered between junctions!!! i think i would just ask every copy of turns tbh  big_smile

part 1 - 98/54
part 1 - 98/62
part 2 - 4 minors
part 3 - pst2 5-5
check test -?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 25-01-13 19:15:25

(ROG)
Verified Member

Bouncer2005 wrote:

Thanks....I personally think this is a really poor indie instruction, making the test little more than a confusing memory test than driving independently.

You're right - it does

Its asking the learner to cope with too much when it could easily be done in two seperate parts

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#7 25-01-13 21:14:15

Mentor
Verified Member

I would forget that many instructions at once. I too thought it should be a maximum of 3.

#8 25-01-13 21:46:14

MGM
Verified Member

DT1 Section 7.35:

"No more than three changes in direction should be given at any one time (however, four are acceptable in exceptional circumstances such as when the instructions are particularly straightforward. For example, 'at end of road turn right, ahead at both mini roundabouts, end of road turn left')."

#9 25-01-13 22:37:12

MAZ
Verified Member

Might be worth challenging the TCM about the I.D. route, however, it could be that the candidate has already took the examiner off route with a wrong direction resulting with the car facing the wrong direction for the approved I.D. route.

Maz.

Board footer