You are not logged in.

#1 16-12-12 18:06:09

Jackonakwak

Full licence holder for check test

I have a check test at the start of January and have a bit of a problem. I don't really want to do role pay but I only have 3 pupils in that area at the moment and none of them would be able to make it. I was thinking if taking my daughter but she passed her test in June this year. Would I be able to do this and what should I do with her? My sons girlfriend is also an option. She passed three years ago but says she has never parallel parked because she is not confident enough. Would it be ok to take her or my daughter? I am dreading it to be honest and wish it wasn't so soon after Christmas because that is all I am going to be thinking about!

16-12-12 18:06:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Full licence holder for check test

#2 16-12-12 18:12:40

martin Williams
Verified Member

Yes

#3 16-12-12 18:22:19

Daveyboy
Verified Member

I have took my one of my sons for each of my last two check tests no problem.

Never introduced them as my son/s, just gave their first name and mentioned they were a FLH.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 16-12-12 21:11:53

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Hi Daveyboy,
Merry Xmas from Down Under.

What happens if your son says "Yes Dad" or similar - If you say "I told you not to call me dad" the examiner (or whatever you call them) might think he was born out of wedlock and the relationship is supposed to be secret?  lol

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#5 16-12-12 21:25:00

MAZ
Verified Member

Hi Jackonahawk:

I know how you feel, mine was 3 days ago and my xmass was on hold until then. I opted for role play, one of the reasons is, it takes the stress out of "who to take?" and "Will they let me down?".

You can also opt for a "remedial role play", so you dont even have to worry about planning the lesson, you can just do the whole thing on the fly like a real pupil.
I have done it this way for the last 3 c/t's and I find the lead up time less stressfull.

Best wishes.
Maz

#6 16-12-12 21:59:52

Daveyboy
Verified Member

Hi Zipper

The problem never cropped over names.

On my last CT (Nov 2011) they even sent an Assistant Chief Driving Examiner.

I'm not bother so long as they sit there and nothing till the end.

Got a good grade, it will be my last CT as I'll retire before my next one (I hope).

#7 17-12-12 08:28:29

driverpete
Verified Member

Like Maz I opted for FLH role play. At least you know he ain't gonna break your car or the law  wink

RoSPA Gold
Retired RoSPA Approved Tutor
Retired NDAC & NDAS trainer
Retired ADI

Board footer