You are not logged in.

#1 11-12-12 11:20:34

martin Williams
Verified Member

Sports personallity of the year who are your picks?

BBC Sport - Sports Personality

Andy Murray
Ben Ainslie
Bradely Wiggins 
Chris Hoy
David Weir
Ellie Simmonds
Jessica Ennis
Katherine Grainger
Mo Farah
Nicola Adams
Rory McIlroy
Sarah Storey

My top 3 are as follows.

Badely Wiggins
Jessica Ennis
Andrew Murray

Lets see if someone can get the top 3 spot on.

Last edited by martin Williams (18-12-12 21:26:35)

11-12-12 11:20:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Sports personallity of the year who are your picks?

#2 11-12-12 11:42:01

boing boing
Verified Member
Website

Bradley Wiggins
Mo Farah
David Weir

#3 11-12-12 12:16:53

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Bradley Wiggins
Rory Mcilroy
Mo Farrah

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#4 11-12-12 13:29:58

Daveyboy
Verified Member

I would find it hard to vote for anyone not born in is country.

Wiggins was born in Belgium, Australian father, British mother.
Farrah born in Somalia now lives in the US.

I would like to see David Weir win it, and hopefully inspire those within the armed forces that have lost limbs and have other injuries go on to have a fore filled life.

Another of the personalities who Id like to do well is Katherine Grainger, a serving member of the armed forces.

#5 11-12-12 18:16:26

ralge
Verified Member

Some impossible choices, promising to be a good night's TV.

Made all the better since the overpaid primadonnas won't (or at least shouldn't) even get a mention and, if it were down to me, they wouldn't get an invite.

I'd go for my local superstar poster-girl Jessica who came up with the goods in the glare of publicity over 7 events, followed closely by Chris Hoy (longevity and supremacy) and Wiggo (sheer bl**dy-minded speed and endurance).

Last edited by ralge (11-12-12 18:17:48)

DSA Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Dip, PTLLS, Safed for Vans, NDAC/Speed Awareness on-road trainer, RoSPA RoAD Test Examiner.

#6 11-12-12 18:32:37

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

I can't call it this year - I normally know who to vote for - this time I haven't got a clue.

I think Bradley or Andy for me.  Both have gone further than ever this year and, for me, exemplify sporting achievement.  Jess, possibly; Mo No. But I wouldn't be disappointed whoever won.

#7 11-12-12 22:35:13

MAZ
Verified Member

To pick just one in this extraordinary year is impossible, perhaps they should have gone for 3 prizes this year, one each from, olympics, paralimpics and ongoing sporting activities.

Maz.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#8 12-12-12 22:10:43

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

Wiggo all the way.

It is about achievement and he has achieved what no other British sports person has...

Yes, gold medals, grand slams and golf majors are great but the tour de france... Unparalleled...

#9 19-12-12 00:28:01

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

Plus he does have a personality!

Board footer