You are not logged in.

#1 09-12-12 18:55:09

VandADI
Administrator

What are you looking forward to this Christmas?

As the title says.....
What are you looking forward to this Christmas?

Quite simple for me really, a week off work, spending time with my family, eating, drinking and being merry!
How about you, doing anything special? going anywhere nice or just wishing it will all go away as quickly as it came?

09-12-12 18:55:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: What are you looking forward to this Christmas?

#2 09-12-12 19:12:31

Evan
Administrator

Looking forward to time off definitely to spend more time with the family, which I don't seem to do half enough of. Going to my daughters for Christmas dinner she got married in November and its their first year together as a married couple so will be a special Christmas for them and us this year, a real family get together. Flying to Egypt on 7th January for 2 weeks, so looking forward to that as well.

#3 09-12-12 19:21:22

Mentor
Verified Member

Going to the Carribean for a Xmas cruise and back for New Years eve and then another 3 days off. No learners for 2 weeks, bliss!

#4 09-12-12 19:23:25

Gizmotime
Administrator

Seeing my Family and my Great Grandson, looking forward to his First Christmas xx big_smile

#5 09-12-12 19:27:26

Promanade

Looking forward to a week off work. Going the pub with the lads... going to sister-in-laws for big family dinner...drinking every day and not having to worry about driving the day after...oh...and hopefully the odd present. tongue

#6 10-12-12 07:12:52

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Going to my daughters in Edinburgh for a few days over christmas,another 1st year married couple.
Looking forward to it.
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 10-12-12 08:06:21

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

2 weeks off and time with the family

time to relax and forget about pupils etc.
Then back to a busy January

#8 10-12-12 13:21:09

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

Please spare a thought for those of us who have no wider family and no money to actually celebrate Christmas with.  We are having Christmas dinner and that's it - because we cannot afford anything more.  I'll work when it's available because it's better than sitting here contemplating what I would like to be doing and it saves me from the drivel available on Christmas TV.  sad

#9 10-12-12 16:49:44

sipin
Verified Member

I'm looking forward to a Month in China I arrive just before Christmas

Even when things go wrong you can learn from them

#10 11-12-12 12:38:46

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I'm 3,000km from my immediate family in South Australia so I'll be by myself but I'm used to it - my family are the "solitary type", we like to have time to ourselves on a regular basis. Especially me.
We have managed to breed though (by accident?) and I have a niece, a nephew and a grand niece, however my poor mother has given up on asking me if my turn to provide her with more family members has come.

I'm taking Xmas day through to New Year off and I'll be stuck at the computer & filing cabinet doing my back taxes to fend off unwelcome advances from the Australian Tax Office.

I'll enjoy the Xmas period though, sleeping in a bit and lounging around in my underwear (punctuating by the occasional horrified screaming & retching of visitors who unwisely peek into my unit while knocking at the door).
I have a green crayfish tail, a gift from a grateful fisherman customer, in my freezer and I might, just might, even buy a six pack of beer - yes I'll be living large*.

Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to everyone in the UK, from Down Under.

(*More to do with my presentation when clad in underwear, than with my lifestyle).

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 11-12-12 18:25:05

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

Triker wrote:

Just to put another angle onto what Lady-H posted. It makes you wonder......

This story made me feel physically sick.  I don't have enough money to spend anything on Christmas at all, no presents, cards, tree, drink, food or nights out.  We are only having Christmas dinner courtesy of someone else's generosity.  There is no celebration whatsoever beyond that.

I applaud her commitment to saving but I question the system that allows this to happen. Yuk!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 11-12-12 18:30:50

Evan
Administrator

Lady-Hynarc wrote:
Triker wrote:

Just to put another angle onto what Lady-H posted. It makes you wonder......

This story made me feel physically sick.  I don't have enough money to spend anything on Christmas at all, no presents, cards, tree, drink, food or nights out.  We are only having Christmas dinner courtesy of someone else's generosity.  There is no celebration whatsoever beyond that.

I applaud her commitment to saving but I question the system that allows this to happen. Yuk!

Blame the do-gooders they make a mockery out of everything.

When I worked as a psychiatric nurse, in a medium secure unit with offenders, the amount of benefits they were being paid was obscene, it made me furious to see people who had committed crimes being rewarded for what they had done.
At the time I was also bank nursing for Marie Curie, working night shifts with people who were terminally ill, supporting them and their families. The difference in payments was not justifiable. As many of you are aware, Marie Curie and Macmillan nurses, are sponsored by charity payments, money raised by decent hard working members of the public, putting their hands in their pockets to help out those less fortunate than themselves. That was one of the reasons I left nursing to be honest.

When you see families with loved ones dying of cancer, and also struggling to deal with financial problems, it makes you think about the fairness of the society we live in.

God bless all families struggling with illness this time of the year, if anyone needs a blessing they do.

Last edited by Evan (11-12-12 19:49:14)

#13 11-12-12 20:39:39

Barry500
Website

I am looking forward to the new year and the weather getting better as I don't like this time of year. Not everyone like Christmas.

#14 11-12-12 20:45:57

Evan
Administrator

Agree with you there Barry I am not a lover of the winter, I enjoy Christmas for the children, but prefer the Spring, as that means I can get my plants into the ground and look forward to warmer day (do we get those anymore  smile  ).

Board footer