You are not logged in.

#1 06-12-12 22:33:50

tynmar12

Living in London and about to learn to drive! What company do I go 4?

Hi Guys and girls,

I'm 21-years-of-age and I feel it's time to get behind the wheel and open up my world on learning to drive. Now i've got money, i'm not too picky who I go for. I am prepared to spend between 20-25 pounds an hour for good quality and efficient tuition. Could anyone point me in the right direction on which school to go for do you think? I've looked at BSM, RED, Britanna, etc but still: too many choices! (I live in North-East London if that helps)

I would appreciate and any thoughts you have to share, maybe even releaving a few of your good and bad experiences

P.S - I don't want to go to cheap unknown ones as they are most likely not qualified and will not be a good and efficient instructor for a money/value basis

THANKS!

Good night. Much Love

Last edited by tynmar12 (06-12-12 22:40:49)

06-12-12 22:33:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Living in London and about to learn to drive! What company do I go 4?

#2 06-12-12 22:35:56

daveh
Banned

Google would be a good start smile

#3 06-12-12 22:40:44

Evan
Administrator

I would talk to as many people that you know as possible, and find out who people are learning with, why?  and make a list. See what comments come up about them. Personal recommendations are usually very good.

Good luck

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 06-12-12 23:16:26

kaf
Verified Member
Website

A very personal opinion, but................. If you go with a large company, some of which you have mentioned, you will get the instructor they choose to send you.  They might send you a very good one, they might not, you still might get a trainee, so check they are a fully qualified ADI before you start.

If you go with a local independent who has a good reputation you will get what it says on the tin.  An independent instructor needs to keep you as a customer, they do not have a big companies advertising to feed them another if you choose to leave.  You WILL get the instructor YOU choose.

Being a one man/woman band does not necessarily mean cheap, the good instructors will probably be charging upwards of 25 per hour as they will be busy and do not need to compete on price.

Remember AA, BSM, RED etc do NOT teach you to drive, the person sat in the passenger seat next to you does, that is who is important, not the company they work with.

Good luck.

#5 12-12-12 14:37:23

Steve4
Website

It took me two attempts to originally pass my test. This was with two different companies who boasted significantly contrasting styles of tuition. Personally I found the 'act like a friend' style much more effective. Maybe not a viewpoint shared by all, but try and find an instructor you could see yourself in the pub with, as I found the relaxed style put me at ease behind the wheel, and subsequently made any feedback and advice sink in.

At the end of the day there's no point in spending lots of money if the relationship with your instructor isn't there.

#6 12-12-12 20:25:20

Evan
Administrator

''At the end of the day there's no point in spending lots of money if the relationship with your instructor isn't there.''

Very good advise and it goes both ways.

Board footer