You are not logged in.

#1 02-03-04 21:23:15

John Gibson-Hill

An armoured anti dog learner car required!

Hi this is going to sound strange but I have a phobia of learning to drive because of an incident that happened when I lived In Littlehampton when a great big Rotweiler ran out of a garden in a residential street, straight into my car as I was doing about 15 miles an hour and put a six inch dent in the passenger door!

I didn't stop shaking for a week! The dog just ran off like nothing happened.

Seriously though, a couple of weeks later I took my test and failed. I for some reason gave up. Perhaps a little put off by the dog incident, but mainly because where I lived and worked, I had little need for a car and just found myself not booking any more lessons.

Now I have move to the middle of nowhere (Swaffham, Norfolk) and other than a tiny town and a 40 Minute bus ride to Norwich, I am stranded!

Anyone teach there! You would need to be a very patient instructor because I recon I'm going to be really nervous. Last time I did my test, the theory test didn't even exist. I think it's well out of order that you now have to know how to drive, to drive!  lol

Hope you can help.

02-03-04 21:23:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: An armoured anti dog learner car required!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 02-03-04 21:37:07

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Re: An armoured anti dog learner car required!

Dear John,

I can't help you with the driving as we're just a bit too far away, I'm sure some one will reply pretty soon regarding your area.

Anyway, why I'm writing is cause a seagull misjudged it's takeoff and flew into my car, unfortunately the window was open and came straight in.

I had to grab it with my left hand whilst grabbing the steering wheel off my pupil with the other. All in a days work, but only once in 25 years!

I'm sure you'll not have another dog run into you for a long time! But make sure your instructor teaches you how to scan the road ahead.

Best wishes,

Board footer