You are not logged in.

#1 18-06-05 18:49:54

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

Aw Naw !!! Another Cop

Hi all,
I have just retired from the Police after 31 years.  I love driving and I am licensed for cars, motor cycles & buses.  I also love towing my caravan to the continent.
I am hoping to become a part-time instructor.  My motivation is that in my time in the Police Service I have attended many serious road accidents resuting in tragic loss of life.  I hate to use the word "Accident" because in my experience there is no such thing.  Every accident I have attended is the direct result of the actions of one or more parties whether it be through drink, speeding or careless/dangerous driving.  All too many times I have had to break the news to a family of the loss of a loved one.
I therefore feel that I would like to devote the rest of my working life not only to teaching new drivers to pass their test but also to maintain a safe driving technique long after passing their test.
I hate to see youngsters usually wearing baseball hats driving at high speed in their sooked up would be rally cars.  I am sure this is a familiar sight throughout Britain. big_smile

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

18-06-05 18:49:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Aw Naw !!! Another Cop

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 18-06-05 19:47:35

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi PiperIan and welcome to the forum,

I see you have some very noble intentions, that's partly why I do it myself, but I'm sure a lot of others would agree that it can very a lot of fun!

Please feel free to make as many posts as you like.

Regards,

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 18-06-05 20:38:03

Django

PiperIan wrote:

I hate to use the word "Accident" because in my experience there is no such thing.

Couldn't agree more. Welcome to the mad house PiperIan.

#4 18-06-05 21:02:55

KevP

Hi Piperian,
Started out on this road for very similar reasons.  Having cut out many dead'uns from vehicle collisons I have a strange notion that I may be able to help prevent someone from ending up in the same position in the future. We live in hope.
Good luck
kev

#5 19-06-05 07:15:29

jimbo

Hi Piperian - welcome - i agree with what you say - unfortunately i think we have very little influence on what happens after test.  Having been out with lots of my (and other instructors) pupils after test i have come to this conclusion.....and most of those people in the accidents you attended were taught by an ADI who certainly would not have taught them to do whatever caused the accident !!  Anyway good luck with it...it's a brilliant job.

#6 19-06-05 21:32:40

VandADI
Administrator

Hi PiperIan and welcome  big_smile
Regards
VandADI

#7 24-06-05 09:42:13

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hi PiperIan, welcome to the mad house, well it is when I'm here lol

Accident what accident  roll  it's like saying Suddenly someone came out on me  roll  NO such thing if your observant enough wink

OK Vanda I'll shut up lol

Board footer