You are not logged in.

#1 19-08-12 16:08:23

Horizon1

Got wrong date and missed check test

An ADI who works for me (and a very good one too) got his dates mixed up and missed his check test last week (was 15th - he thought it was 16th).

What will the repercussions be?

19-08-12 16:08:23

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Got wrong date and missed check test

#2 19-08-12 16:45:12

Terrier
Banned

So long as he notifies DSA and explains the mistake they will send him a new date. They usually allow 3 attempts, although they don't have to, but in this case it's a genuine mistake and they will usually play ball.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

#3 19-08-12 21:12:12

Horizon1

Thanks for your replies

#4 24-08-12 19:06:36

geebee
Verified Member

This is one of the reasons why the DSA are proposing  that  a check test should be payed for separately rather than being included in the cost of the green badge
your ADI would then have to pay for another check test. If he does not turn up he /she looses their money

Last edited by geebee (24-08-12 19:07:42)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 24-08-12 19:39:05

Roadmaster
Verified Member

geebee wrote:

This is one of the reasons why the DSA are proposing  that  a check test should be payed for separately rather than being included in the cost of the green badge
your ADI would then have to pay for another check test. If he does not turn up he /she looses their money

To be fair there are a lot ADIs who fail to turn up for checktest without reason and without notifying the examiner, which is not very productive.   You can bet those ADIs would make more effort if they knew it was going to cost them.

#6 25-08-12 15:26:53

Born Saintly
Verified Member

I missed a check test in December 2010. Woke up on the day, checked the invitation and I was a week late.
I didnt ring the DSA and the DSA didnt contact me for 8 months where I was invited to take another check test. which im proud to say I attended.

Nothing was ever mentioned of the missed check test

#7 04-09-12 21:53:15

c-way
Verified Member
Website

If I was working with this ADI I would be worried!  This is one appointment you don't miss - much like your parts 1,2 & 3  I am astonished that somebody would not be prepared for a check test - I hate them, dont perform well at them but at least I turn up for them with a pupil ready to go!!

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#8 05-09-12 05:07:52

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

3 years ago, i turned up at test centre for my check test, and the SEADI wasnt there.
when the examiner who was there phoned up the DSA it turned out the dates had got mixed up and my CT was in fact the following day.
I couldnt do it as i had a driving test at the same time.
The SEADI was at test centre and came out to me and apologised for the mix up, and we re-arranged another, but it wasnt for 3 months later.

#9 30-10-12 14:06:03

Hale
Verified Member
Website

I did exactly the same thing. I got another date for January but it took 2 months for me to get this.
I mentioned that the date only was displayed on the letter and in very small writing. The letter i received the new CT appointment had the Day Date and Month and Time printed in large bold writing.....

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

#10 30-10-12 14:22:29

Daveyboy
Verified Member

I've recent read that the registrar is taking a hard line on 'failed to attend'.

He does not have to give three chances, he is within his rights to remove the instructor for one failure to attend. , .I know is a bit harsh, but it's within the regs.

I believe he has recently remove 40 in a month.

I failue to attend is recorded, even if it wasn't mentioned.

Board footer