You are not logged in.

#1 21-10-12 15:43:58

Trumper
Verified Member

Oil Tank

Having a new Oil tank fitted tomorrow. Could I claim this on my tax as a business expenditure? Because I can claim the Oil back for heating my office. But , no tank no Oil? Thanks

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

21-10-12 15:43:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Oil Tank

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 21-10-12 16:29:25

Busheyfields
Verified Member
Website

Dream on!

#3 21-10-12 17:00:46

MAZ
Verified Member

If you are claiming for your heating, then repairs to the heating system (i.e. a replacement tank) would be a claimable expense. I dont see a problem.

Maz.

#4 21-10-12 17:53:08

reddragonbus
Verified Member

I think you should speak to a tax advisor about this, you may be able to claim a % of the cost back but I doubt you can claim all of the cost.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#5 21-10-12 19:39:16

MAZ
Verified Member

Trumper did not make it clear whether or not the "office" is part of his residence, or an individual business premisis, for a business only premisis he could claim the full amount, for a portion of a residential premises, then that proportion can be claimed.

Maz.

#6 22-10-12 05:33:19

Trumper
Verified Member

It is part of my home. So thanks for the advice.

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

Board footer