You are not logged in.

#1 29-09-12 20:22:19

mark.moe

Planning awareness and anticipation check test. Advice

My 1st check test is Tuesday.

I've chosen a pupil and going to do planning, awareness and anticipation and maybe mirrors, depends how she goes with them.

I thought too much in to this test and advice from others made me think stuff it, I do normal lesson,

This is the next lesson I was going to do anyway. Test or no test

Any advice or tips for this lesson will be great
I know what I'm doing and recap questions I got too, but tips or lesson plans from you lot will be valuable because you lot done it lot longer then me,

Thanks

Last edited by mark.moe (29-09-12 21:32:54)

29-09-12 20:22:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Planning awareness and anticipation check test. Advice

#2 29-09-12 20:30:38

boing boing
Verified Member
Website

Would you normally do a lesson covering theses four topics?  Is this the lesson you had planned to do next with this customer?  If you answer no to either of these questions, maybe think again.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 29-09-12 21:31:53

mark.moe

boing boing wrote:

Would you normally do a lesson covering theses four topics?  Is this the lesson you had planned to do next with this customer?  If you answer no to either of these questions, maybe think again.

Yes it is, I was going to do TIR as easy option but I listened to comments and I will do this.

Any tips on these topics

#4 29-09-12 22:08:40

Evan
Administrator

Planning, Awareness, Anticipation, incorporating the use of the MSPSL procedure. Be prepared to change the lesson as pupils have a habit of doing things you don't expect on check tests just like lessons.

It they do something that needs sorting out change the lesson if necessary and sort it, the SE will not miss it believe me.

Last edited by Evan (29-09-12 22:11:30)

#5 29-09-12 22:23:26

boing boing
Verified Member
Website

Personally I would choose only two of your topics and link them.  Either mirrors/planning or awareness/anticipation.  You may find you have a little less time for teaching than you are used to on a one hour lesson.

If I were teaching awareness (observation) and anticipation I would include fields of vision, scanning techniques, vulnerable road users, say what you see, what if? etc and aim for the learner to have given some form of commentary by the end of the lesson (depending on the level they were starting from and how comfortable they were with this).  Only you know your learner though and what you can reasonably expect them to achieve by the end of the lesson.

Neil.

#6 01-10-12 20:09:39

mark.moe

Check test tomorrow. Can't wait, want to get it over and done with.
Not nervous yet

#7 04-10-12 15:11:23

martin12

How did it go Mark?

#8 05-10-12 20:44:29

martin Williams
Verified Member

Hello Mark,

Lots of ADI came on here and gave you advice. How about telling us how you got on and maybe a write up on how you got on to help other ADIs about to take their first check test?

Board footer