You are not logged in.

#1 02-05-04 11:52:07

alipali
Verified Member

help needed

hi I found this web site yesterday and tried to post a question, but i think i posted it in the wrong place so here we go again. I would like to train as a driving instructor locally (I live in welling in kent) the idea of operating on a pink license seems a good idea to gain experience befor you ttake your part three , the only problem is the franchise cost as I would only be able to work around my existing job so could only teach about 10/15 hours per week at the most. I have looked at ldc and learerdriver.co.uk any advice would be greatly appreciated before I hand over my hard earned cash and start my training smile

ADI at last!! smile smile smile
Grade 6
Rospa Gold
IAM
Fleet Registered

02-05-04 11:52:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: help needed

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 02-05-04 12:48:21

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi,

You should be able to take the course without giving up your current job. The Pink Licence should not be your focus, only use it if you really think it will help and please take some advice from your trainer on this.

We know your problem well and have just changed our policy regarding trainees. We have decided not to take on any trainees in new areas as it's hard enough concentrating on the ADI training without a trainee having to worry about getting enough pupils and the financial aspects of being an instructor. For us, trainees are now strictly reserved for established areas.

You may find that smaller driving schools that are wishing to expand can be a lot more flexible than the big ones. You may be able to negotiate a car for one day a week on an instructors day off. However, It might mean you working on your day off for a while.

If part 3 training takes 40 hours,  a further 120 hours of actual lessons will be very much more than enough to get your fluency and confidence, this could be done at 5 hours a week for 6 months. We have often seen instructors just lock into earning money before they are qualified. Is this the reason for the low pass rate on part3?

Franchise fees don't have to be crippling - Shop around! There are some great deals out there. My advice on these is take some legal advice prior to signing and make sure all promises are made in writing. Take up references from the company, remember you are employing them!

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions please let us know and we'll do our best to give you what support we can.

Regards,

#3 12-05-04 16:50:01

alipali
Verified Member

thanks for the info . I think I will probably go with ldc. they seem to be ok and have got good feedback from others who have trained with them

ADI at last!! smile smile smile
Grade 6
Rospa Gold
IAM
Fleet Registered

Board footer