You are not logged in.

#1 01-05-04 20:20:39

Darren

Which car?

Ive been thinking for a long time on which car i should buy, but im unsure. I am thinking of: Ford Focus, Vauxhall Astra, Toyota Yaris, even the Mercedes A Class. I want a reliable car, but somthing that can move a bit quicker than a lada. What would your advise be? im open to sugestions smile

I would prefer 4/5 Door, with space.

Its my 1st car.

The reason im not even contemplating an older car is because as you's know, a new (ish) car is more reliable.

I know insurance will kill, but im going to take a drivers plus, which should knock of a few quid.

01-05-04 20:20:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Which car?

#2 02-05-04 08:45:29

Liesa

Hi mclaren

Depending on how old you are, if you buy a brand new car, you may even get a years free insurance.

Some some companies will require you to complete Pass-Plus 1st though!

The best thing to do is to shop around for the best deal.

Go around all the dealers, and have a good look round these cars. See which one you feel most comfortable in, i.e. it's no good buying a small car if you'll struggle to get behind the wheel wink

#3 02-05-04 11:02:10

Darren

im 18 tomorow. I was looking at the companys that give 1 years free insurance, but most of them say you have to be over 21 :cry:

#4 02-05-04 11:23:34

jonks

Citreon offer a years free insurance. Their Saxo is a great little car.

VW's Polo is great car.

Toyota's Yaris is a lovely car.

My favourite at the moment though is the Skoda (yes Skoda) Fabia.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 03-05-04 08:07:16

Liesa

Happy birthday mclaren!

Jonks got to agree the current Skodas are pretty nice looking, had a pupil pass recently whos parents have an Octavia. He drove it whilst learning and now they let him take it out on his own, he seems to like it.

#6 03-05-04 08:39:26

Gizmotime
Administrator

I agree with jonks and Liesa, with the choice of car's.

Can I also suggest as it's your first car get one no more than a 1.6ltr engine, It's plenty big enough.
Just my thoughts.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

#7 06-05-04 01:44:42

Darren

thanks everyone big_smile  In not going over 1.6 as ive not driven on the road before (except in the BSM Corsa :? 1.2? ) and also with the insurance. I have looked at the Skoda Fabia. Nice car. Its a Skoda, and i like it! :shock: correct me if im wrong, but its VW/Audi that make Skoda, isnt it? I think the Octavia is a bit big :?

#8 06-05-04 11:35:53

jonks

Yes, VW now make the parts for Skoda, but Skoda put them together.

I think that how it works anyway.

Skoda are a quality car now, and because of their previous reputation they are cheap to buy. They are also comparatively cheap to insure.

Like VW and Audi, they will pretty much last forever and are much slower than most cars for value depreciation. The engines they are using now are very fuel economic they are the same engines as VW which means if you go for the diesel version, they loose very little power over the petrol version, and cost much less to run (not quite as good the environment though.)

Cars to avoid in my opinion..... Daewoo Matiz, Old Vauxhaul Nova (High insurance, known as boy racer car), Smart car (what were they thinking?)

#9 06-05-04 13:04:49

Darren

i may be 18 but i HATE boy racers, and speed. I would never go for any vauxhall apart from the Astra or the Vectra at a push, wouldnt touch daewoo, kia, daihatsu, fiat, hyuandi, lexus, mazda, nissan, peugeot, etc.... Ive not heard good things about them.  roll

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 06-05-04 13:09:11

Darren

jonks wrote:

Skoda are a quality car now, and because of their previous reputation they are cheap to buy. They are also comparatively cheap to insure.

I can see that.

2003 (03) SKODA Fabia 1.2 Classic
5 Doors, Manual 5 speed, Hatchback, Petrol, 13,800 miles, Green. Adjustable Seat Height, Adjustable Steering Column, Body Coloured Bumpers, Driver Air Bag, Heated Rear Screen, Passenger Air Bag, Power-Assisted Steering, Rear Wash/Wipe, Rev Counter. A Clean Car, Skoda Warranty Until 2006. £5,995.

:shock:  big_smile is IS a cheap car. But ists 1.2 :?
Seeing that i would seriously concider one now

#11 27-05-04 13:04:51

keslo66

i read maclarens post. i just would like to say that we had a peugeot 106 and now a 206. i have driven both of them and they are good reliable cars. we have never had one break down. id never go with another make now.  i know everyone is entitled to their own oppinion, but thats mine.
steph xx

Board footer