You are not logged in.

#1 15-06-05 22:25:55

heb

Career Advise

I am considering training to be a driving instructor. My Dad has done it for 20 years and is able to train me which will save some money. The queries are have are with regards to whether or not I should be self employed or go through a franchise with the AA or other company? Also, how much do you tend to earn on an average month? I earn a fairly good wage (£15,500) at the moment and don't really want to drop any lower than that.

Any advice that any of you can give me would be really helpful!

15-06-05 22:25:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Career Advise

#2 15-06-05 22:34:55

Dundeeguy
Verified Member

Not being funny here, but can't your dad answer most your questions raised?????

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 16-06-05 01:22:58

jeni
Verified Member
Website

Hi

I have to say the same the average ADI earns £7500 after tax according to tax man

So if you want to do the job and your dad is up to teaching you

Remember only 7% of ADI;s make a grade 6 and only 3 % of ADI's (with extra teaching quals make a trainer)

If you want it and you want to study then go for it be prepared to give up 20 hours a week

Just because you can drive does not mean you can teach other peps --------------- just because you are an ADI  does not mean you can teach other peps to be an ADI  ---- sure that is a quote somewhere

regards   lol

jeni

Jeni Holland ADI Driving Instructor Trainer (Passed Ordit 2006) Pay as you go trainer
www.abfabdec.co.uk

Poole Dorset 01202 259382

#4 16-06-05 09:26:09

luchell

i would be a bit worried give the fact you've only got the three attempts at parts two and three to be trained by your dad. i was warned that yes driving instructors can teach pupils to pass the l test. but can they teach someone to what is required for part two due to driving changing over the years and remembering just what the standard is for part two. same with part three.

im not assuming your dad is not able to teach you just saying be careful . how about letting him train you up for each part but then get an assessment from an adi trainer whos local and good reputation before you actually put in for the tests to make sure everything is how it should be. trust me you dont want to waste an attempt by not being ready if you can help it. good luck.

Board footer