You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 27-08-12 22:00:25

www.1waydriving.net
Website

How low do decent Instructors have to go on price?

Whilst driving in my area today I saw an Instructor with a top box printed 4 for 24.

How do they make it Pay?

www.1waydriving.net

Driving Lessons Wakefield and Dewsbury - www.1waydriving.net

27-08-12 22:00:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: How low do decent Instructors have to go on price?

#2 28-08-12 04:59:05

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I charge 23/hour, and reductions for block bookings.
I am sometimes told i'm cheap and i know of instructors that charge 24 and 25/ hour.
I still find at my prices i struggle and thats when i'm doing 25hours a week, i aim to achieve 30 hours to be comfortable.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 28-08-12 06:01:35

Roadmaster
Verified Member

www.1waydriving.net wrote:

Whilst driving in my area today I saw an Instructor with a top box printed 4 for 24.

How do they make it Pay?

Depends what they charge after the deal.   If it's 22 then over 30 lessons their total  income would be 596
Looking at your rates,  over 30 lessons your income is 555 pounds

How do you make it pay?

Last edited by Roadmaster (28-08-12 07:28:38)

#4 28-08-12 14:51:26

www.1waydriving.net
Website

Good point, I suppose my point is how low will introductory rates get? And do people look at someone's reputation and experience or just the 4 for 24 deal?

www.1waydriving.net

#5 28-08-12 20:39:02

DrivingInstructors.co.uk
Website

How many students have you found leave after the initial discounts?

UK ADI - Driving Instructor Directory http://www.drivinginstructors.co.uk Are you listed?  if not why not as its free

#6 01-09-12 07:05:19

www.1waydriving.net
Website

Not many, I feel I keep a vast majority through to passing too and also have people leave and come back.

www.1waydriving.net

#7 01-09-12 07:46:26

Evan
Administrator

From my own experience I tend to find that cold callers will spend their time searching and phoning everyone for the best deal they can get, and to be honest I don't very often get them phoning back, they simply base everything on price. My referrals just book me they never ask about prices.

It's interesting that there is an instructor locally offering 10 hours for 99 but his car is parked outside of his house most of the time. I talked to him about his prices about 18 months ago when he was offering 5 lessons for 56, he told me that he was struggling, his wife had just given birth to their 6th child.

It's interesting that despite the cheap offers he is still not busy, and has indeed moved from the house he once had to a rented house about a mile further away, in a not too nice area.

You could maybe think he was doing the cheap offers because he was new to the business at the time, but he has been qualified for over 4 years, I think most of the discerning public are a little wary of these cheap deals to be honest.

Last edited by Evan (01-09-12 20:37:29)

#8 01-09-12 19:35:31

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I had people come to me and tell me i'm cheap at 23.
I offer block booking discount as low as 20/hour.

I get people commenting that they see the 4 for 50 and 5 for 56 etc, and say they must be cheap for a reason, and so avoid them as you probably only get what you pay for etc.

I am currently fully booked for next 3 weeks, and have new pupils starting each week too, and i've had 6 new pupils in last 3 weeks

#9 01-09-12 19:53:16

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
You guys are lucky;try those prices up here[northeast england] and they would want a lesson in a Rolls Royce. smile
I charge 18 an hour and am regarded as towards the top end.
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

Board footer