You are not logged in.

#1 10-06-05 12:58:17

Rog
Website

Recommendations for Part 3 Test Centres?

My training is going well on the part 3 and my instructor has advised me to put in for my test. I'd appreciate some help/advise as to which test centre to aim for or steer clear of! I spoke to a local ADI who took her test in Hayes. She said the SE played up to such a degree that she would never recommend anyone to become an ADI purely because of the part 3 test; pity as it's only around 15 miles away! The test centres I'm currently looking at in my area are as follows:

· Hayes
· Reading
· Barnet
· Guildford

All advise greatly received.

Regards
Rog

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

10-06-05 12:58:17

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Recommendations for Part 3 Test Centres?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 10-06-05 15:30:27

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Hi Rog,

Just go for it which ever test centre your going to use.
Like you I did my part 2 test in Slough
I'm doing my training for part 3 in Fareham so will be doing my part 3 test in Southampton. I'm not ready for it yet in fact I may push it back deeper into the Autume as won't get much done in August.
Good luck whatever you do
Si.

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#3 10-06-05 18:36:37

Crane
Verified Member
Website

Hi Rog,

don't know when you want to take your test.  Guildford has waitings times till about October. Nice SE though,  although I don't know how she is on prt 3.

I'm sure you can do it,too!

#4 10-06-05 19:19:08

Mmm

i phoned up to book mine today, eastbourne and guildford's next dates are in september, but i got southampton 14 july woo hoo!

#5 10-06-05 19:58:44

bzcee

do all test centres do the part 2 & 3 tests or only certain ones

ermmms.jpg
Your information is visible to YOU only

fighting0092.gifstupid little winker

#6 10-06-05 20:15:58

maybeoneday

Only certain ones big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

#7 12-06-05 13:33:54

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Hi Rog

Did she pass at Hayes though? :?  Perhaps I'm being naive here but from what I understand the SE will "play up" unless you take control of the lesson from the start............... they will produce faults at every opportunity and exploit your weak points given half a chance.

I think I would take the most convenient date at the centre you would be most comfortable with.

Alex

#8 13-06-05 22:00:26

Rog
Website

I've just phoned to book my test and the only part 3 TC within a reasonable distance that can get me in before mid Sep is Southampton on the 30th Aug. (Hayes were booked up until the 27th Sep), so I booked it and phoned LDC to advise and book my induction with them. It turns out they don't do any inductions in August ... DOH!. So I would have to wait until the 28th of September. They said I could attend their July induction, but I'd have to go on a pink costing £125 and pay the £445 induction fee that would have been waived if I'd waited until I was qualified (it's free if you trained with them, lees a car from them and you're qualified). That would mean as extra £575 to get on the road a month earlier and on a pink; no thanks! So I've just phoned the DSA and moved my part 3 back to the 27th Sep at Hayes.

Looking on the bright side, it gives me another month to practice!

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

Board footer