You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 23-06-06 16:23:52

jonks

John Pierrepont School of Motoring (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)

John Pierrepont School of Motoring

http://www.adituk.com  Tel: 01332 551668

If you are training or have trained in the past with this company, please tell us your opinions of the training and service you received.

Please br responsible about what you post. If you had a bad experience then by all means tell us what happened, but do so responsibly. This section is not about defaming any company.

The opinions below do not represent the opinions of Driver Training Today.

23-06-06 16:23:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: John Pierrepont School of Motoring (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)

#2 02-07-06 06:58:54

steve thornhill

Re: John Pierrepont School of Motoring (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)

Hi I'm Steve Thornhill I've worked for one of the bigger driving schools on a pink licence, taken my part 3 for the third time and failed. I was about to give up when I heard about John, charging an hourly rate what have I got to loose? As soon as I spoke to John I knew that I had to continue to get my green licence I passed parts 1 and 2,  now the big climb to number three. With Johns Knowledge I know I will get there, the one to one training that I receive, telephoning him with any problems etc.  John is always there, he is very pasionate about all his trainees.  What a difference to have some one who is actually interested in you passing and not just out for your money.

#3 15-11-06 11:35:20

steve thornhill

Well here we are again, to say a [b]MASSIVE THANK YOU [/b] to the John Pierrepont School of Motoring in Derby. As before with parts one and two John has given me great support, now with the part 3 what a struggle, Whilst giving me one to one lessons, this man has the patience of a Saint. Failing the part 3 three times with the big boy driving school, at the last attempt I was still petrified all I was told was "not to worry you will be OK" (what a waste of money). As previous mentioned, attended Johns courses for the parts 1, 2, 3, must say that with 2 and 3 passed first time. With John help and guidence for the part 3 I received a grading 4 -5 for PST 6. When I came back down from the clouds in the debrief the SE informed me that not only the marking was very close the 5-5, he also mentioned that I was 'very polished' from the training that I had received from John.
Once again THANKS John for your support and believing in me that I could 'do it'.

#4 01-03-07 09:46:00

KrissyH
Verified Member

I have very selfishly not posted on this forum for fear of my trainer becoming swamped with work. However this forum helped me decide on what trainer to choose so its only fair that I share my experience with others.

After extensive research I decided that an independent trainer on pay as you go was the most cost effective and beneficial for me as an individual. I was very reluctant to hand over thousands and then be stuck with a trainer or organisation who in my view, was not good enough.

After reading posts on this website I chose to train with John and I am so pleased that I did. His training is all 1:1 and is tailored to my individual learning needs. It is structured, relevant, thought provoking, professional and delivered with enthusiasm and humour. It is evident that John loves his job and aims to teach his trainees to a grade 6 standard.

I passed part 2 yesterday on my first attempt and am really looking forward to continuing and concentrating on my Part 3 training. So.....if you are looking for an excellent trainer, John comes highly recommended, but I need his time also for the forthcoming weeks!!

Chris Hunt

Part 1 Passed Dec 06
Part 2 Passed Feb 07
Part 3 Passed June 07

#5 20-05-07 08:25:45

CRICHADI

I did some Part three training with John just prior to my third attempt at part three due to the fact my regular trainer was on holiday for 3 weeks (how inconvienient), But i found john's methods very very easy and helpfull his roleplay as 'Trevor' was so good and typical of the SE in role play,the sit down chats and debriefs in his office at his Home i found helpfull indeed.
I did pass my part three in Chesterfield on 10th May on my third attempt after over 2 years training, allthough John played a small part in my road to becoming a ADI and i only had a few lessons with John i owe him a big Thank You because i believe he found and fitted that last final piece of the jigsaw (so to speak).
thanks John

#6 05-06-07 10:45:28

AJP

Hi all.  Just become an ADI after passing my part 3 at the first attempt!!  I have thouroughly enjoyed my training with John, and feel the training he has given me has not only got me through my qualification, but developed me into a competent and confident instructor.  I luckily found John after seeing some of the above reviews, and seems like I've saved myself a lot of money in the process!  I can't imagine training on any other basis than one to one, unlike some companies by the sounds of things, and am really enjoying my work.  I will be putting a report of my part 3 test on the PDI section, so feel free to have a look.  I obviously got nervous before my part 3, but as soon as I got in the car they disappeared as I felt comfortable that I had the knowledge and the tools to get the job done.  A big thank you to John for helping me become set up for life.  Highly recommended.

#7 15-06-07 10:04:07

KrissyH
Verified Member

I also trained with John from the start so cannot compare his training to other individuals or organisations. However first time passes speak for themselves.

I researched carefully before committing to a trainer and found John through this web site. I am so glad that I did. What he doesn't know about driving and both learner and ADI training, could be written on the back of a postage stamp. However its his ability to impart with that knowledge and enable others to understand and put into into practice for themsleves, that makes him special. 

As you will already be aware from other posts, ADI training IS NOT EASY and there were moments when I thought I would never get it all to come together. However John's humour, patience and understanding enabled me to succeed.  In addition John gives way more than his hourly fees. His hospitality and chats over lunch between sessions were over and above what I paid for.

Many thanks also to John's instructors, Alex, Steve Brown and Mick who let me watch them teach for real. I learnt something new from you all. 

John....you are a star!! Thank you for setting me on the road to a new career.

Part 1 Passed Dec 06
Part 2 Passed Feb 07
Part 3 Passed June 07

#8 20-02-08 08:06:12

Elliot

To pass your part 3 exam there is no substitute for good quality training and for that you should look no further than John Pierrepont.  After initially training with and becoming totally despondent by TIC i realised i needed some extra help.  I didn't want to shell out thousands again so when i saw John offered the payg option it was perfect.

I wasn't dissapointed either, you soon find out he isn't a grade 6 trainer for no reason and his wealth of knowledge, structured lessons and invaluable advice were a Godsend.  I sat in on lessons with his instructors which was a fantastic eye opener too.

Johns reputation is such that that PDI's from Scotland travel to Derby to train with him!  I really can't recommend him enough.

So thanks John, i really couldn't have done it without you. 

#9 22-05-08 20:41:49

PaulD

For a fuller account of my year as a PDI in Leics. see the posting "A year in.." in the PDI section.
I chose John for a trainer after one phone call and some visits to this and other forums.
John has been around and his vast experience coupled with a distinctly individual view of the profession make for a down to earth approach liberally sprinkled with rich humour. Learning with him is challenging and he will not spare the horses if you get it wrong. However, I have never dreaded the hour haul up the M1, unless I haven't prepared the next PST correctly.
I've read the other reviews about JP and agree with all of them. However there is one final clincher about this man. It's a bit of a secret but I am here to tell you he does it for £30 an hour. I am told that the going rate for 1 to 1 O.R.D.I.T training is £50 an hour. Evenn a quick comparison between this and the big franchises will prove the old adage "Less is more." Get in there while he's still daft enough to charge such a reasonable fee.
Also with JPSOM you get the drop in centre, in other words all the other ADIs in the JP group. It will give you insights into the business and ideas to improve/promote yourself.
DSA ruling to one side, I am hoping to be the Leicester branch of the John Pierrepont School of Motoring.
Very many thanks to him, Trevor, Catherine and Millie.

#10 23-05-08 14:42:54

sasquel

I started out with the leading instructor training provider money up front and  i was disappointed. I hadn't a clue what to do no support or anything. My lessons there were basically guess the PST and nothing really about teaching a learner on the road. I was due to take my part 3, 2 months after being on the road. o know id not got a chance of passing it and i was being realistic. A fellow instructor who i worked with at the mentioned johns name. I immediately rang him when i got home. I thought well pay by the hour and if i didn't feel any good after then id not lost anything.
My first lesson with john was a real eye opener id wondered what id wasted my money on with the provider id been with. i knew nothing  and what i did know wasn't worth knowing basically.
From the first lesson i was learning what i needed to Learn and putting it straight into practice. I had 24 hour support 7 days a week.  I am now teaching  and feeling confident about my abilities to teach where as before i didn't.
Johns great hes consistant with everything hes taught me he  justifies everything you do and shows you a very good way to teach. my teaching on the road improved over night. I then took my part 3 on the 21st  May and passed. id have never done it without john at all.
To be honest you'd be a fool not to go to john as hes absolutely brilliant. I've even got after test support if i need it. hes a nice guy and genuine.to john your a person and he adapts to your needs where as others your just a number. i always recommend him to everyone i speak too.

thanks john your a star

sue cox

#11 11-06-08 11:59:23

Geoffrey

John Pierrepoint is the best instructor trainer I have met.  I have tried tedious amounts of studying and training to try to get me through my Part 3, but I never understood any of it at all.  I bumped into John at a DSA conference for Training companies.  It was at my last attempt for the part 3, prevailing in the next couple of weeks and was fairly certain I would not pass it again, until I met John and discussed the part 3 exam with him.  He informed me that he was part of the ORDIT register and provided training for the part 3.  After just talking to him, I felt he conveyed the information in a way that I could understand, so decided to book him to train me as I was under pressure to gain my part 3 in a couple of weeks time.  I worked with John over a period of 4 or 5 days, travelling from Dumfries to Derbyshire.  At the end of my course, I understood what was required of me during my part 3 test and felt much more reassured to go ahead and sit the exam.  After going through various training organisations it was a relief to find someone who could tell me what was required of me and be able to do this.  We now use John as our company trainer for our instructors going through the ADI process, and now having passed my part 3, I am back to John preparing for my impending check test.

#12 11-06-08 14:23:16

hector
Verified Member
Website

There are very few Instructor trainers whom you here constantly good things about - John is one of them.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#13 30-07-08 20:46:50

boozer

Hello,
       I have been an instructor now for 4 years and firmly believe in CPD.I have always sought to improve my instruction.
I have successfully completed the Diploma in driving instruction and hold the DIAmond Advanced Special Test and the Rospa Advanced Driving Test to gold standard all have which served me well.But I have to say the best CPD I have done to date is the 6 hours of training I have done with John.Driving Instructor Training is extremely difficult but John puts the information across in such a way that you understand the areas of improvement that need to be made.
You can read as many books as you like,I have improved my instruction more in 6 hours than in 600 hours of reading and trial and error.
I will certainly be taking more CPD with John.

Dip.DI
Rospa Gold
Diamond Advanced Special Test
City & Guilds 7303
Fleet

#14 03-08-08 21:11:24

syd

Hi all, here goes again another MASSIVE THANK YOU to all the driving instructors who are with the John Pierrepont School Of Motoring Derby.Especially to John 'n' Trevor, Mick Thornhill (no relation) Vicky, Stevie Brown who all supported me in the hard task in getting me through my check test. With all the hard work and patience from day one starting up as an instructor, passing part one,two,three leading up to my check test on the day of my check test feeling more confident I achieved a grade 5.
Once again a massive thanks for giving up your time to help me achieve this. The recommendation for John and company is a big yes every time, so if you want a one to one go to John.
Sorry for not informing you of my grading on the day this was due to illness.  :oops: Still have my Mini John.  Many thanks Steve T.

#15 03-10-08 21:33:20

mistermmm

I still can't believe that I have passed and am now an ADI. I had failed my second attempt at part 3 with one of the big providers and realised finally that I had been conned. After receiving my debrief for my failed part 3, another instructor at the test centre with a pupil on test, recommended John to me. When I stopped later in the local (to me) car park, there was a John Pierrepont car with the instructor getting out. I jumped out and asked "Are you John?". He was John and we arranged an appointment for the next day and I never looked back.

I don't know how the guys at the college sleep at night with what they do. John teaches by the hour, and he delivers. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, to change the ways I was "instructing" my drivers. Some lessons I felt like I had been in a boxing match, but John's patience and knowledge and understanding were what I had been chasing all along. Trevor, John's alter ego really let me know what I needed to do.

After my third attempt where I had passed and not just scrapped it, I still couldn't believe it. The examiner was pleased whereas I was just relieved. I understood what I had done to pass but John was pleased with it. Having being previously duped I was still expecting some mistake and they would take my badge away. I am still training with John because what he does is not limited to just getting you through the PSTs, but getting you to be a real instructor who knows what to do and why.

I can honestly say that if I had been with him from the beginning the whole thing would have been fun and satisfying. I look at my green badge with my face on each day I work and wonder why I had to be rescued by John. He does what it says on the tin, which is a damn sight more than the first place I was with. Thank you John. Maybe I can work for you too!

Mark Middleton.

#16 31-07-12 08:50:34

John P
Verified Member
Website

My website is now  http://www.adituk.co.uk
Thanks John Pierrepont

#17 31-07-12 12:04:27

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Two john p's on the forum.  Now that's going to cause confusion

#18 31-07-12 21:37:22

graham121150
Verified Member
Website

Johns OK , bit of a big head... but he has the right to be..  No hes ok. Never did any training with him. I don,t  know if its still the case, but all those in his school he trained.

Graham

Board footer