You are not logged in.

#26 22-01-08 19:02:59

copone
Verified Member

Re: Straight sixes

Believe it or not, advised by one of the SEADI in our region. I've since sent in my confirmation stating this.

ADI. Class 1 Police Advanced. HGV Class 1. Member of IAM AND DIA. Rospa Gold. National Diploma for Advanced Instruction. and Examiner. IAM fleet trainer. Safed trainer.

22-01-08 19:02:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 22-01-08 23:04:31

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

I did post for some advice on this forum before my recent first check test, which I did as a fleet one.  But no one posted any replies.  I did however, do a full write up about my test which was a role play one, on another adi forum. 

I achieved a straight 6 for everything.  I used powerpoint slides for the presentation, but printed up to save time.  I was prepared to ask for eyesight/licence checks, but as I had the format of the session printed up on the powerpoint, the SE said at that point, take them as done.  I asked the SE questions regarding job, mileage, vehicle etc and was given a very clear profile of the driver I would be assessing.

I found by using the SE for role play and doing what I would normally do with fleet drivers, that the check test was really just like doing my normal day job.  I normally get drivers I have never seen before, so it was really no different.  I did lots of Q & A, as I normally would do, during both the assessment and the coaching and also got lots back from the SE.

I must have done something right to get grade 6 on my first ever check test.

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor
SAFED Bus & Coach / LGV / Aggregates Trainer
Driver CPC Periodic Training Centre
IAM Member: Motorcycle/Car/Commercial Vehicle

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#28 22-01-08 23:28:14

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

I did however, do a full write up about my test which was a role play one, on another adi forum.

any chance of a copy N paste into this thread?

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#29 24-01-08 21:33:15

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

Ekal

Here is the link       http://www.adiforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb2 … 1197064305
Hope it helps.
I did things contrary to some of the advice given on the forum and took the advice of our local senior road safety officer and used the role play.  Am I glad I did.

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor
SAFED Bus & Coach / LGV / Aggregates Trainer
Driver CPC Periodic Training Centre
IAM Member: Motorcycle/Car/Commercial Vehicle

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#30 14-03-08 10:51:44

adi
Verified Member
Website

If an ADI is registered as a fleet trainer they must conduct a fleet check test. Where the ADI attends with a learner driver the examiner should offer to conduct a ‘fleet’ role play check test. The assessment of a fleet check test does not differ from that of a normal check test, however, the structure does. A fleet trainer may adopt the following delivery: (Examiners need to be flexible.)
• Deliver a short presentation on occupational road safety. This needs to be managed if doing a role play. Can be delivered either in the car or Examiners office.
• Provide a short overview on vehicle safety and familiarisation.
• Conduct a short driver profile. ( Lasts approx 10-15 minutes)
• Recap the main areas of weakness. Prioritising the more serious faults.
• Provide a remedy via coaching techniques.
• Recap the whole session.

Please excuse my ignorance here but reading this am i correct in understanding that once registered FLEET you can't present a learner for checktest under standard green adi badge?
If someone could clarify.
Many thanks.

#31 14-03-08 10:56:56

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi,

You can present a learner, but you would only have your green ADI badge 'Checked' This means your Fleet badge would expire after 4 years and you would probably need to re register.

By conducting a Fleet check test you will have a tick against both ADI and Fleet Badges. From my personal experience I would also say that a Fleet check test is easier.

Regards,

#32 14-03-08 14:43:50

adi
Verified Member
Website

cheers bigred, that makes sense.
So doing a fleet check test would satisfy both badges i assume.
I knew i read somehwere you could present either!
ta

#33 14-03-08 16:38:55

whodareswins
Verified Member

Hi,

You can present a learner, but you would only have your green ADI badge 'Checked' This means your Fleet badge would expire after 4 years and you would probably need to re register.

By conducting a Fleet check test you will have a tick against both ADI and Fleet Badges. From my personal experience I would also say that a Fleet check test is easier.

Regards,

Sorry to disagree with you mate, but .................. the ADI 1 states:

If an ADI is registered as a fleet trainer they must conduct a fleet check test. Where the ADI attends with a learner driver the examiner should offer to conduct a ‘fleet’ role play check test. The assessment of a fleet check test does not differ from that of a normal check test, however, the structure does.

It doesn't seem to provide the option you suggested of only having your Green badge checked.

Percy

Grade 6 ADI/Fleet Trainer, SAFED Registered Trainer, Qualified BTEC Assessor

#34 14-03-08 17:23:20

bigred
Verified Member
Website

You are probably right!

But I would suggest the examiner would also do just the learner side of it if asked to do so in advance.

There again why would anyone want to do just a learner? neutral

Regards

#35 14-03-08 20:01:43

hector
Verified Member
Website

As Percy states you must have a fleet check test, the green badge one is irrelevant and not an option-It was only being done whilst examiners were trained for fleet role play check tests. Trevor Wedge felt the need to clarify the fleet role play structure and did so very clearly in 'Driving instructor'

An examiner cannot undertake a role play learner check test with a fleet registered trainer.

The fleet is a higher qualification and as such must be check tested. The fleet check test is a much more straightforward affair than the green check test!

The grade average is higher on fleet than L (Considerably)

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#36 15-03-08 08:46:43

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Let's try again big_smile

I still think you can opt to do just a green ADI badge check test, by arrangement. You would then lose any fleet accreditation you may have.

For instance, if an ADI became fleet registered, did a bit of work in this particular market, found they did not like it and wanted to go back to more comfortable ground they could so choose.

Regards,

#37 15-03-08 08:58:05

hector
Verified Member
Website

Know what your saying big red.

Your wouldnt lose your fleet accreditation though, as approx two thirds of ADI's on orange badges are in fact 'ungraded' anyway.

ie-Not had a fleet check test!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#38 04-04-08 20:12:13

Cheddar
Verified Member
Website

I may as well join in too, seeing as though I got straight sixes on my most recent Check Test, too smile

My wife ALMOST got straight sixes too, but I just bettered her by a smidgin' (see the scans of our sheets on our website in the 'About Us' section).  She was happy and gutted at the same time... I 'beat' her already fantastic result.

Shame, eh?  big_smile

Active Driving Solutions
Ged Wilmot & Claire Wilmot - Highly Qualified & Experienced ADI Trainers (Grade 6)

DSA ORDIT Approved ADI Training & Development

We also provide ADI Train the Trainer Courses, ORDIT Registration Guidance,
Fleet & Corporate Driver Development, SAFED for Vans, Advanced Driver Training, and more.

Visit our website:  www.activedrivingsolutions.com

#39 24-07-12 21:55:15

ralge
Verified Member

Blindspot wrote:

Fleet check test today.

Success with grade retained.  My 3rd in 11 years.

I took my daughter along as the client and I made it a genuine fleet course because as a senior lecturer at a university she will be doing a lot of driving next term visiting part time students of teaching at their homes in the area. The university provides no transport or support other than reimbursement of expenses so it it is an independent occupational driver situation.  I also added a flavour of advaced driving because she wants to do the RoSPA test.

I had completed the driver profile before I met the Examiner.  I have my own set of forms based on SAFED/IAM etc.

We launcehd straight into the Occupational Road Risk Briefing.  This is a PowerPoint presentation again based on accredited slide shows.  There are 22 slides altogether and after the first five the examiner said he was happy with that and asked me to move on to the Vehicle Check Coaching.  I used POWDER and kept it brief which he commented on as being exactly what was needed.  there was no need for a full course of mechanics.

Next was the Client Performance Appraisal  (I had given him a copy of the programme and a printout of the PPP)

The first drive was scheduled for 35 minutes but he cut it down to 10 followed by a debrief, frist drive report and discussion for about 5 minutes then the second drive which was basically return to base.  At the end the second drive was analysed and the Client  Risk Profile produced.

This is all on self-produced paperwork.

If anyone has any questions I will be happy to answer to the best of my knowledge

BS99

Well done, that mirrors what I did on mine (but I did my last one via role play ... but who accredits MORR slide shows?

DSA Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Dip, PTLLS, Safed for Vans, NDAC/Speed Awareness on-road trainer, RoSPA RoAD Test Examiner.

#40 25-07-12 20:16:53

ralge
Verified Member

Blindspot wrote:

Raige,

I am not sure who accredits MORR slideshows - probably depends upon what its about and finding out the hard way during examinations.

My Road Risk Briefing was compiled with my experience of working with IAM Fleet and SAFED.  A list of risk areas with pictures for interactive quizzes and discussion, Crash statistics and speed limits all interactive to prompt questions and debate. 

I take it as being accredited because the Examiner made a positive comment about it !  The pictures I sourced from the internet.

BS

Sorry, there was confusion in my mind with your "accredited" - a more formal and official approval than one examiner's nodding approval I.e. he's heard it all before and the mental checklist has all the boxes ticked - I got a 5 on my first fleet CT for not mentioning the fact that, even after factoring in the higher mileage done by business drivers, they are more at risk of a shunt.  (and Q&A as to why that might be).

Last edited by ralge (25-07-12 20:22:33)

DSA Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Dip, PTLLS, Safed for Vans, NDAC/Speed Awareness on-road trainer, RoSPA RoAD Test Examiner.

Board footer