You are not logged in.

#1 22-08-11 21:58:13

suebiker

Ford Fiesta 2011 - 1.4tdci,1.6tdci or econetic 1.6

Hi there

Looking to change my car and looking at getting a Diesel fiesta.  Can't decide which model.

Any comments good or bad re fiesta's and which engine would you go for and why?  ( Must be diesel - don't like petrol!!!)

Can anybody help point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Sue

22-08-11 21:58:13

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Ford Fiesta 2011 - 1.4tdci,1.6tdci or econetic 1.6

#2 23-08-11 09:42:30

Rockin
Verified Member

I Sue I have had  Fiesta (infact Ive had about 6 or 7) since I became an ADI ( I lease rather than buy so change them every 18 months. I have always had the Zetec 1.4d tci sometimes the Ghia and the next which is being delivered in about 4 weeks a Titanium. Never had a problem with them and pupils seem to like them too.  I think they are ideal for this job.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 23-08-11 16:07:54

Barry500
Website

I Sue I have had  Fiesta (infact Ive had about 6 or 7) since I became an ADI ( I lease rather than buy so change them every 18 months. I have always had the Zetec 1.4d tci sometimes the Ghia and the next which is being delivered in about 4 weeks a Titanium. Never had a problem with them and pupils seem to like them too.  I think they are ideal for this job.

How much do you to lease them?

#4 23-08-11 19:04:12

mdf0075

Hello Sue, i also lease a Fiesta 1.4tdci its the second one ive had and pupils seem to like it.
As both cars was 1.4 i cant comment on other engines but it has more than enough power for me, and is great on manoeuvre's as u can just use the clutch.

I am paying £311 on a 18mth lease from Hitachi Capital (robinsons)

Michael

part 1 - 98/54
part 1 - 98/62
part 2 - 4 minors
part 3 - pst2 5-5
check test -?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 23-08-11 20:00:50

Barry500
Website

Hello Sue, i also lease a Fiesta 1.4tdci its the second one ive had and pupils seem to like it.
As both cars was 1.4 i cant comment on other engines but it has more than enough power for me, and is great on manoeuvre's as u can just use the clutch.

Michael

Per week or Month.?

#6 23-08-11 20:13:51

suebiker

Thanks guys

It's good to hear you are happy with yours.

Sue

#7 23-08-11 20:59:41

mdf0075

mdf0075 wrote:

Michael

Per week or Month.?

Per Month!!!!!!

part 1 - 98/54
part 1 - 98/62
part 2 - 4 minors
part 3 - pst2 5-5
check test -?

#8 16-10-11 12:03:02

mahoney
Website

Hi Sue, did you change your car, I will be looking to change soon and am also very interested in the fiesta, if anyone would like to post a review good or bad I would be grateful. Don't want to change to something that's not up to the job. Thanks, Mahoney.

#9 16-10-11 20:16:02

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Had the new 2011 1.6 econetic for 2 weeks now - changed from the Corsa.  The Fiesta is working out really well, very easy to drive and easy for the pupils to adapt to.  Then engine is gutsy and I finally have a car that will get us out of a muddle if required.  Trip computer is showing an average of 54 mpg on an average of 19mph. 

The turning circle is excellent, getting through a turn in the road on a narrow one with ease and beats the Corsa hands down on this one! Loving the normal indicators and wiper controls, light controls are easy to find and use particularly the fog light button.

The econetic has a green arrow flash up on the rev counter when its ready to change up a gear which the pupils are working well with and saves me having to remind them to change gear, although i find the more they drive it, the less they rely on it and listen to the feel and noise of the car instead.

We had parking sensors fitted as an extra - I wouldn't bother!  They are irritating in the extreme and the pupils soon learn to switch them off  lol
Only other bug bear on the car is that if they don't firmly select reverse it won't go into gear properly and will grind, so it's one to keep an eye on.

I have bought this one rather than leased and the on the road price was about £14k  zero tax which is good news but I think that the insurance group was a 12 which was higher than I was expecting.  We negotiated a good set of mats for the car and it's first service (not the 1,500 mile safety check which is done anyway) free. 

Marks out of 10 in it's first 1,000 miles would be a 9  smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#10 16-10-11 20:43:26

mahoney
Website

Thanks for your reply c-way, I too have a corsa at the moment and I am looking to change for the same reasons as you have highlighted, I have just renewed my insurance with Waveney at a cost of £425.00, can you say how much the insurance was for your fiesta, if you would prefer you can pm me, if it is vastly more expensive perhaps I would need a re think. Why did you buy as opposed to lease, the reason I ask is that, at the moment I can't make my mind up which way to go, I think over a three year period the cost is pretty much the same when you look at service costs, tyres, breakdown, road tax etc, where lease is a fixed cost with all of these things included. Regards, Mahoney.

#11 17-10-11 19:51:30

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Hi Mahoney - cost with Waveney is about £400.00 per year - was £330 for the Corsa.  I have always bought the car I use and it made sense to use the equity in the Corsa as a deposit on the new one and I am then not restricted on number of miles I do with it.   smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#12 18-10-11 21:14:04

suebiker

Hi Sue, did you change your car, I will be looking to change soon and am also very interested in the fiesta, if anyone would like to post a review good or bad I would be grateful. Don't want to change to something that's not up to the job. Thanks, Mahoney.

Hi Mahoney

Just spotted your post.

Yes I did change my car after having spoken to a local adi who has had several fiestas.  In the end I chose the 1.6 econectic and after 2 weeks i am loving it.  Really pleased - the car is lovely to drive and feels really solid.  It feels so much more refined than my last car and all the pupils have commented on how much smoother it is than the old car (suzuki swift).  I love the clutch on it - really easy to find the bite and the stall prevention is amazing - you can pull off smoothly on a really steep hill with no gas at all as long as you don't snatch the clutch !!!!!! The steering is lovely and light at low speed and makes it really easy to drive but at higher speeds it feels perfectly weighted!

I am currently averaging about 59mpg whilst teaching (using a combination of dual carriageway, a-roads and town work)

I also have parking sensors front and rear which drive me potty too. I just get the pupils to turn them off.

My only very minor issue with the car is the fact there is nowhere large enough to put magnetic L plates on the rear which meant buying a roof sign - bought an Aero roof sign which seems very good so far.

My first week teaching in the car - took both me and my pupils a while to adapt to the car.  The main issue for me was getting used to the low resistance tyres which really do keep on rolling and rolling and rolling!!!!! Lol.  I needed to get my pupils easing off the gas much earlier and certain junctions which used to be flat are now down hill!!!  I found the gearing a bit strange too. 3rd gear is really flexible  as is 1st but i did find 2nd gear was not as flexible as my other car .  Once I got used to it - it was fine.  Overall I love the car.

Insurance wise I  can't tell you what it cost but it did not increase  when I changed it over so hopefully thats a good sign!

For the first time ever I did not buy a new car this time around as prices have gone up so much!!!! Instead I bought a Ford Direct car - car is just over 6 months old and has been used as a demonstrator - got 4000miles on the clock. It also comes with an unlimited mileage warranty for 2 years.  Saved me quite a bit of money especially as the car has lots of extras on it too!!!!!

Ohh - one other thing before  I stop rambling - the Econectic does not come with a spare wheel  just a Tyre inflation kit!!!!  this was easily solved - got a spare tyre and jack off ebay which fits perfectly in the boot . It is supposed to be a space saver I think but it is exactly the same size and rating as my normal tyres so hopefully would be ok for test! (the econectic edge has small 14 inch steel wheels)

Hope this helps - good luck with whatever you choose

Sue

#13 23-07-12 14:17:45

www.1waydriving.net
Website

I've got a Fiesta 1.4 diesel edge. I think the beauty with Ford cars are they work, maybe not the best build quality but you won't have much down-time. Parts are ready available and cheap. As for economy I get just over 53mpg but its uphill down dale where I teach could probably get more with kinder geography. I pay £90 per week lease and Insurance inc.
I used to have a 1.3 ecoflex Corsa before and it had loads of problems (Fiat Engine) so I'd avoid them like the plague.

Good Luck

www.1waydriving.net

Driving Lessons Wakefield and Dewsbury - www.1waydriving.net

Board footer