You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 06-07-12 17:04:53

Promanade

on the spot CT

IF it was possible, and i accept it could probably never work! But IF, on the spot check tests were to be introduced how would you feel?
For example:  you receive a call from the examiner at 9am on Monday morning and he says he will meet you at 11am that same day for a check test. Would you welcome the idea?  Hypothetical  i know! But try and answer.

Last edited by Promanade (06-07-12 17:06:47)

06-07-12 17:04:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: on the spot CT

#2 06-07-12 17:44:05

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I would like it! Apart from the inconvenience of having to cancel/rearrange pre-booked stuff.

No time to think or plan - JUST DO IT! I over-plan for tests, always been my downfall (especially the Part 3) - best if I can get on with it unexpectedly.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#3 06-07-12 17:59:31

Roadmaster
Verified Member

So the examiner turns up, parks his car, gets into yours, and then the pupil asks to be dropped off at work/town/etc.  What happens?
And what if the pupil doesn't want the examiner in on their lesson?

Last edited by Roadmaster (06-07-12 18:01:59)

#4 06-07-12 18:44:42

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
I would have a dental appointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yikes
Daft idea.
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#5 06-07-12 19:29:05

(ROG)
Verified Member

Does the pupil have an option if 2 examiners get in on test?

What would be the difference if it was examiner in with instructor?

I think I know the answer - if a check test then time is needed between examiner and instructor - am I correct?

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 06-07-12 21:07:15

MAZ
Verified Member

Promanade wrote:

IF it was possible, and i accept it could probably never work! But IF, on the spot check tests were to be introduced how would you feel?
For example:  you receive a call from the examiner at 9am on Monday morning and he says he will meet you at 11am that same day for a check test. Would you welcome the idea?  Hypothetical  i know! But try and answer.

That is actualy the way it was done before my time, apparently.

Maz.

#7 06-07-12 21:53:24

ralge
Verified Member

Does a text at breakfast time from the manager of my local NDAC scheme to say "I'll be sitting in on your (four-hour) NDAC session today" count as an on-the-spot-CT?
As my daughter said to me, at least I didn't have a fortnight to dwell on it!

DSA Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Dip, PTLLS, Safed for Vans, NDAC/Speed Awareness on-road trainer, RoSPA RoAD Test Examiner.

Board footer