You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 23-05-12 17:49:29

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

Taking The Next Step

I've taken the decision to pursue things to a different level.

I'm currently in Coventry area training with Smartdriving to be an ADI trainer.
Its been a brilliant experience so far and am excited about their iCourse system and fresh approach.  Cant wait to get my first few clients on the road .

I'll be the 1st Smartdriving Approved Trainer in Northern Ireland, and am feeling good about my future.

23-05-12 17:49:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Taking The Next Step

#2 23-05-12 21:37:13

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Jonny I'm sure you'll be brilliant.

I loved doing role play during part three. It was also obvious that my trainer was having fun too.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 08-06-12 09:44:23

WillyO

JonnyG wrote:

I've taken the decision to pursue things to a different level.

I'm currently in Coventry area training with Smartdriving to be an ADI trainer.
Its been a brilliant experience so far and am excited about their iCourse system and fresh approach.  Cant wait to get my first few clients on the road .

I'll be the 1st Smartdriving Approved Trainer in Northern Ireland, and am feeling good about my future.

Yes JonnyG and after you've flooded the market in Northern Ireland with ALL your new Adi's ( which I may add in case you haven't recognised is already saturated ) What will you do when all your new adi's start to do what every new adi does when they first get on the road " start a price war " and you will be effected just as the next hard working adi. I trained with Margaret Stacey and have done various courses with John Farlam, also one of his first instructor training courses over here in 2006 with him. The work I got from it "zero". We all want to live the dream but, "Waken up man" don't waste your money. As for being being excited on the prospect of being the First Smartdriving  Adi Trainer in  N.Ireland, forget it. WillyO. lol lol lol

A wise man does not need advice, But, only a fool won't take it.   Miam, DIAmond Advanced Test, DIAmond Special Test.

#4 08-06-12 17:39:30

Evan
Administrator

Good luck but I wonder if you have done your homework. The applications to the DSA from prospective instructors are well down, as are the part 1, part 2 and 3 tests. I would be a little careful about placing all of your hopes in the PDI market I think you may find it is diminishing.

The L market is still the most lucrative, if this was not the case then everyone would be looking to become an ADI trainer !!

#5 08-06-12 18:26:53

Terrier
Banned

ADI test applications down 50% according to DSA, I've seen a difference this year compared with the last 20 years, it's all to do with the economy and the fact that people are doing far more research before committing to a training course.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

#6 08-06-12 20:48:06

Evan
Administrator

If people have the time to go and train to be trainers what do they do with the pupils on their books? I find it hard to have one day off a week. This is not a sarcastic post I would love to do more training but find that come  the end of the week I am knackered.

#7 08-06-12 21:38:11

G
Verified Member
Website

I have also started my Instructor training with LDC who I am franchised with, I looked at Smart Driving having been on one of John's courses a few years ago but was very put off by the hard sell they gave it, too much like Red for my liking. LDC will train me for free & I will then train people supplied by them, not a great new income stream but a new string to my bow & a bit of variety. As for finding the time Evan as I have to book a couple of days at a time it means working my sacred Sunday for a couple of weeks to catch up, but that is my choice so no point moaning about it ?

www.drivinglessonsedenbridge.co.uk
Grade 6 ADI
ORDIT registered Instructor Trainer

#8 28-06-12 21:42:34

mspl

The golden days of instructor training are long gone,with the number of applications to join the register at an all time low.
I'm a great fan of JF and considered signing up to become a Smartdriving trainer,but i considered there train the trainer costs to be far to high, i would be the one
taking the risk with no guarantee of any future work.
I wish you well JonnyG,but i think you will find that it going to be tough going out there.

Board footer