You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 19-06-12 06:44:06

collywobs
Verified Member
Website

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Econetic

My vehicle contract with Hitachi Capital expires next month. I've been driving a Ford Fiesta 1.6 Tdci Titanium for the past 11 months which has, without doubt, been the best car I've ever used for teaching people to drive. However, that model is no longer available and it's been replaced by the 1.6 Econetic! I understand the main difference to be that Ford have changed the power output and gear/speed ratios. Is anybody on here currently using the 1.6 Econetic that could provide some feedback about performance, etc? Thanks, Colin

Colin Kentish
Grade 6 DSA Approved Driving Instructor (car)
www.colinkentish.co.uk

Dream as if you'll live for ever
Live as if you'll die today

19-06-12 06:44:06

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.6 Econetic

#2 23-06-12 22:43:22

suebiker

Hi there,

I have been using a 1.6 econectic edge for the past 9 months and I really like it.  Not driven the ordinary 1.6 so I can't really compare the two - sorry!  I suspect the gearing may not be quite a flexible as the ordinary 1.6 model  as I have heard from other instructors who have driven the two - however this can be an advantage as the car definately lets you know when to change down which can make it easier!  However having said that - when driving and teaching I tend to be in the same gear as I was in my previous car which was very flexible (Suzuki Swift Diesel).  The only thing that I did find weird was that when you take your foot off the accelerator the fiesta takes ages to slow down , which is fine - but takes some getting used to! Not a problem when you are driving but you do need to change your timing and get your pupils used to using their brakes more!  Took me a week - but I hardly notice it now! Lol.

Overall - I am very happy and would definately have another.

However having said that - two instructors in our area have just got titanium econectic- and they are both having problems with the car not running right. These are both 2012 models - mine is a 2010.  I'm not sure if they have changed anything since 2010 and there are issues with the new model or whether they have just been unlucky.  but it is something to consider. 

Hope this helps,

Sue

#3 24-06-12 07:27:05

collywobs
Verified Member
Website

Okay, that's interesting.

I've decided to extend my contract for a further 7 months at a reduced rate.

Thanks Sue

Colin Kentish
Grade 6 DSA Approved Driving Instructor (car)
www.colinkentish.co.uk

Dream as if you'll live for ever
Live as if you'll die today

#4 24-06-12 21:19:47

suebiker

No worries

Sounds like a good plan

Sue

Board footer