You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 23-05-12 13:15:39

pinball
Verified Member
Website

Insurance

I just got my renewal for my insurance.  last year I paid £386.00. This year they want £651.00 rang them up nothing they can do insurance has gone this year in all cities they said.     

Rang around a couple and I have just paid £350.00 for year all in protected no claims,legal cover, and replacement car,  through Adrian flux. So nice £301.00 saving with just a couple of phone calls.

23-05-12 13:15:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Insurance

#2 23-05-12 16:51:00

thecat
Verified Member

Waveney by any chance?

#3 24-05-12 20:57:38

Phil123
Verified Member

If it was Waveney, that's exactly what they did to me, until I found a much cheaper quote through lloyds latchford, and then, surprise, surprise, Waveney can do it for that price after all. If I wasn't so lazy I would have gone with lloyds latchford just to spite them.

#4 24-05-12 21:18:55

Dalek Sec
Verified Member

Are you comparing like for like - Is the cover you get better with Waveney or the other one?

And we complain about pupils shopping round for cheaper lessons?

Are we any different or are each of us so bespoke that we are incomparable?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 24-05-12 21:34:05

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Phil123 wrote:

If it was Waveney, that's exactly what they did to me, until I found a much cheaper quote through lloyds latchford, and then, surprise, surprise, Waveney can do it for that price after all. If I wasn't so lazy I would have gone with lloyds latchford just to spite them.

I did, just to spite them big_smile

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#6 25-05-12 07:21:25

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Me too

#7 25-05-12 19:54:19

pinball
Verified Member
Website

I was with quote me today.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 25-05-12 19:59:27

pinball
Verified Member
Website

Dalek Sec wrote:

Are you comparing like for like - Is the cover you get better with Waveney or the other one?

And we complain about pupils shopping round for cheaper lessons?

Are we any different or are each of us so bespoke that we are incomparable?

The quote I got was like for like.  I know pupils shop around but keeping my costs down keeps me competitive with others in my area.

#9 14-07-12 11:18:02

skip qualify
Verified Member

got my renewal from waveney over £100 more than last year !...rang round got a cheaper quote...rang waveney who then did it as the same price as last year and waived a £25 admin fee. why do we have to do this every year its soooooo tedious  hmm

#10 14-07-12 13:05:54

Terrier
Banned

Been with Waveney for 6 years and they have done every year when the renewal comes in, call their bluff and it goes down again.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

#11 14-07-12 15:11:21

geebee
Verified Member

should you have to call there bluff . you are a loyal customer . i am with weavney and i will be moving at the end of this cover nothing to do with price the way they handled my last claim was very poor . I sorted it out my self and the other insurance accepted liabilty  hired me a car and all was  sorted  before they would get my car looked at all they were interested in was me and my pupil making a compensation claim against the third party

#12 14-07-12 15:31:29

Dalek Sec
Verified Member

Indeed geebee - And we all wonder why insurance costs are rising!!  In part very much to spurious compensation claims and blame culture!

#13 14-07-12 20:13:17

looprevil
Verified Member

Dalek Sec wrote:

When I recently researched professional insurance cover the Adrian Flux policy I was offered was very different to what they offered 12 months ago.

It was aimed at the cheaper end of the driver training market and the cover reflected this and did not suit my needs.

Cheers

Paddy

smile  big_smile  lol  cool

#14 15-07-12 06:44:15

kodama
Website

These companies just expect everyone to bend over and take what ever they present us with.  I'm guessing that for a lot of renewals (especially in the past) it worked.  We all assumed that by being a loyal, long standing customer, we would automatically be treated well and offered discounts and benefits for handing over money to them.  As we now now it's not true.  Infact, by being with a company for a lengthy period, you'll probably be paying more.  Anyone with Virgin Media? Gits!

So many now know this is not the case and always looking to compare with insurance renewals of all kinds.  It's exceptionally annoying.  Fingers crossed one day it will switch and loyalty will be rewarded again.

Board footer