You are not logged in.

#1 21-05-12 19:09:21

Star_brite

Being a new driver!

Hello everyone.
I have been driving a month now after passing first time in April. But I am finding it hard to cope with other motorists. I feel I can't go out without making one person mad. A few times now I have made a mistake and someone sounds their horn at me. I don't remember this happening to any of my friends once they passed. I have green 'L's on my car so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, or I am just a really rubbish driver.

Just hoping someone will tell me I am not alone on this one!

21-05-12 19:09:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Being a new driver!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 21-05-12 19:43:34

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
You are most certainly not alone,you ARE very inexperienced.
Have you thought about taking extra training with your driving instructor ie pass plus.Very worthwhile and not uncommon.Passing the test is only the start of your journey and you want it to be a long one.
You have made the 1st move which is accepting you may have an issue[well done];now,get it sorted.
Good luck
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 21-05-12 20:08:39

Gizmotime
Administrator

Star_brite wrote:

I have green 'L's on my car so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, or I am just a really rubbish driver.

Hi Hun, personally I would ditch the Green L's they are like a red rag to a bull with SOME motorists, they forget they had to learn to drive on their own after passing.
It's a fact of life, your going to encounter other drivers who want to bully you, and it's not only new drivers who have to put up with that behaviour, we all have to suffer it at times.
You know your going to make little mistakes (we all do from time to time) the trick is not to let it fester on your mind, if you make a mistake learn from it.
As has been said think about pass plus, Don't let some idiots put you off, youv'e worked hard for your licence and you deserve to be on the road.
Good luck hun.

Giz wink

#4 21-05-12 20:44:33

Star_brite

Thank you so much for the comments. I start my pass plus tomorrow. Thinking about it all my mistakes are made in places I haven't driven much before. Then to add to the fact I am now alone it's hard. X

#5 21-05-12 20:45:08

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Agree with Giz get rid of the green Ls.

Take a pride in getting things correct, remember your mistakes on your regular routes and change something next time.

Drive frequently also, to keep your skills also. smile

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#6 22-05-12 08:11:43

(ROG)
Verified Member

Pros and cons on this but how about using some signs in the windows where vision is not going to be impaired saying - new driver passed xx/xx/2012 still learning - I know someone who did this and were surprised how well it worked after getting what you now are experiencing

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#7 22-05-12 10:08:41

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Do not fall into the mistake of thinking that driving instructors are only for learners.

We are only to happy to hear from someone who has passed, asking for a quick refresher.

Give him/her a call, tell them what you have told us and have an assessment of how you can work on improving.

The difference now is that you do not need weekly lessons, an hour or two with the instructor then go off and practice on your own as much as you need.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 22-05-12 12:10:58

(ROG)
Verified Member

kaf wrote:

Do not fall into the mistake of thinking that driving instructors are only for learners.

We are only to happy to hear from someone who has passed, asking for a quick refresher.

Give him/her a call, tell them what you have told us and have an assessment of how you can work on improving.

The difference now is that you do not need weekly lessons, an hour or two with the instructor then go off and practice on your own as much as you need.

I'll go along with that advice especially for a driver who has not long passed

For drivers with more experience then I tend to recommend the advanced driving route

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#9 22-05-12 12:48:08

VandADI
Administrator

hoylake wrote:

Agree with Giz get rid of the green Ls.

Take a pride in getting things correct, remember your mistakes on your regular routes and change something next time.

Drive frequently also, to keep your skills also. smile

This is good advice. The mistakes that you do make, take time to reflect on them. How can you make the situation better for next time? Ask yourself lots of questions to find ways in which you can improve to deal with situations, this will make you a better driver. smile

Board footer