You are not logged in.

#1 20-05-12 13:04:46

Promanade

why do people do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Queue up for !!!!!!!! petrol mad mad

I have just done a bit of shopping at my local Morrison’s it then took me nearly 10 minutes to get out of Morrison’s car park why, because of people queuing to get petrol and in doing so blocking all the exit roads with their selfish behaviour. Why queue when you can just come back later or perish the thought! Get up earlier the next day and fill up when there are no ques.

Does anyone on here carry out this practice of queuing at petrol stations? If so why do you do it? hmm hmm

20-05-12 13:04:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: why do people do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 20-05-12 15:51:19

Evan
Administrator

I don't queue anywhere Promanade and to be honest I have even taken things back out of my basket and put them on the shelves if the queues at the checkout are too long. I am not a very patient shopper you see, in fact I hate shopping so definitely no to the above.

I would queue to see Cheryl Cole though but thats totally different.  big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 20-05-12 19:09:38

MGM
Verified Member

evan wrote:

I don't queue anywhere Promanade and to be honest I have even taken things back out of my basket and put them on the shelves if the queues at the checkout are too long. I am not a very patient shopper you see, in fact I hate shopping so definitely no to the above.

I would queue to see Cheryl Cole though but thats totally different.  big_smile

I just leave the basket: if I haven't time to queue I certainly haven't time to go back round the shelves. If enough people do it, they may get the message and open more checkouts.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 20-05-12 21:04:33

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

MGM wrote:

I just leave the basket: if I haven't time to queue I certainly haven't time to go back round the shelves. If enough people do it, they may get the message and open more checkouts.

I've done that at a particular supermarket for the same reason, and I've seen abandoned baskets from other shoppers sitting around the aisles. The supermarket has since installed self-serve checkouts (which I hate because the operator always messes up big_smile ).

I hate queuing for petrol too but a lot of people down here seem willing to do it.
Perhaps it's the same doggedness that behoves people to queue up for ages just to get petrol at a tiny discount, or to go miles out of their way to save a couple of cents (sorry, pence).
Or to always go the same route to particular destinations despite the traffic conditions.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#5 21-05-12 21:51:49

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

Are you annoyed at the people queuing for petrol or blocking the road?

If people want to queue for petrol then let them. It's their time and petrol being wasted sitting there, why should it bother you?

Blocking the road is a completely separate matter... smile

Board footer