You are not logged in.

#1 04-05-12 08:23:27

andytpne

Chorley Test Centre

Hi everyone,
Wonder if anybody can help me, I have a pupil who has decided to take his test at Chorley Test Centre in Lancashire.
The problem I have is I have never done a test there before so I went to check it out and the car park looks tight/awkward, my question is will the examiners do the Bay Park manoeuvre there and if so has anybody got any tips.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Andy

04-05-12 08:23:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Chorley Test Centre

#2 04-05-12 10:33:20

Promanade

Hi andypne you could try a google search for drving schools in chorley get a few instructor numbers and call one or two of them for advice. smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 04-05-12 18:14:40

RobC
Verified Member
Website

Hi Andy
Ive only done a few tests in Chorley and havent had a bay park. As you say the test centre car park is small but theres a possibility that the last car setting off on test could get a right bay park at the start of the test though havent seen this myself, other than that ive no idea where the bay park could be carried out. Some instructors seem to practise bay parking on nearby Morissons supermarket car park. I will try and find out as I currently have a pupil who will be taking her test in Chorley too.

The main hazards around Chorley are lots of roundabouts including the dual carriageway in the centre,(must have had nearly 20 RAB on one test) the one way street in the centre and lots of hills and hillstarts.

Last edited by RobC (04-05-12 18:22:10)

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

#4 04-05-12 20:13:48

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Slight exaggeration by Rob I think.   Just checked with a colleague and  to answer the OP yes they do bay park at Chorley.  It's very awkward, made even worse because the examiners cars take up 3 out of the 8 spaces. 

If you type Rossall Road chorley into google street maps it will show you the TC car park, and two examiners cars parked in forwards!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 04-05-12 20:15:14

RobC
Verified Member
Website

Wessex wrote:

20??? Bluddy 'ell!!!

Roadmaster wrote:

Slight exaggeration by Rob I think.

There are 9 RAB on less than a mile of dual carriageway near Chorley TC, Ive just been on Google maps and counted 15 RAB on one test route I sat in on.... and thats not including mini's  yikes

Last edited by RobC (04-05-12 20:18:31)

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

#6 04-05-12 20:33:33

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi RM
It might not be an exageration, there is one particular route in Darwen with 21 including minis.

Every route at Darwen has a minimum of 6.

Board footer