You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 19-04-12 09:30:43

(ROG)
Verified Member

I wonder why they put false info on their website ??!!

I wonder why they put false info on their website ??!!

http://www.drivertrainingcentre.co.uk/B … aining.htm

ACCOMPANYING DRIVERS / FULL LICENCE HOLDERS

Unless you are over 21 years and have actually taken the B+E test and held the licence for a minimum of 3 years, you are unable to sit next to a provisional licence holder.

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

19-04-12 09:30:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: I wonder why they put false info on their website ??!!

#2 19-04-12 10:18:38

Roadmaster
Verified Member

There were some changes to rules regarding supervision from April 6th. Perhaps this applies? -

DVLA has clarified the rules governing supervising of learner drivers, including vehicle plus trailer combinations.

Before January 1997, drivers who passed their car driving test were also granted implied entitlement to drive small lorries, buses and vehicle plus trailer combinations subject to certain restrictions. Up until now, learner (those who have not yet passed their test) drivers of horseboxes or of vehicle towing trailers have been able to do so under the supervision of a driver who gained their license before 1997, but who has not necesserily passed the trailer or lorry test.

The rules for holders of pre 1997 issued licences who supervise learner drivers in category C1 (lorries between 3.5 and 7.5 tons), D1 (passenger vehicles for nine to sixteen people) and vehicle plus trailer combinations will be changing on the 6th of April of this year.

Learner drivers will not be able to drive a vehicle on public roads unless they are being supervised by a qualified driver. The qualified driver (also known as the accompanying driver) must hold a full licence for the category of vehicle being driven, and must have held that licence for the relevant period of time – usually three years.

The DVLA believes that there are road safety issues involved where a person who has never passed the relevant driving test acts as the supervisor for a leaner driver.

These changes will not affect anyone’s existing entitlement to drive C1 or D1 vehicles or vehicle plus trailer combinations, but they will prevent anyone from acting as an accompanying driver in such vehicles if they only hold a pre 1997 license and not the full qualification to drive that vehicle or vehicle combination.

Anyone, particularly in the training industry, who currently relies on implied entitlements and wants to continue to act as an accompanying driver after the change is introduced will need to pass the relevant driving test(s) before 6 April 2010. The DVLA will ensure that such people are already considered to meet the requirement relating to the length of time that the full licence must have been held – usually three years – from the date of the change.

If they pass the relevant driving test(s) and meet the appropriate medical standards after the 6 April 2010, they will have to wait until they have held their new entitlement for three years before they can act as the supervising driver.

#3 19-04-12 12:02:33

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi RM
But as far as it I can find on the Direct Gov they have only put those rules on the D1, D1+E, C1 and C1=E categories not on the B+E.

I would be interested to know how someone with a pre '97 licence could even take a B+E test. the other categories can be done because of the requirement now to do the driver CPC modules.

#4 19-04-12 12:08:42

mon
Verified Member
Website

Just before I started reading this thread I stumbled on this stiory on Yahoo news....it is sort of relevant and is totally heart breaking.  http://uk.news.yahoo.com/boy-killed-rev … 26178.html

Last edited by mon (19-04-12 12:09:12)

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 19-04-12 18:50:03

(ROG)
Verified Member

pegasus wrote:

But as far as it I can find on the Direct Gov they have only put those rules on the D1, D1+E, C1 and C1=E categories not on the B+E.

Precisely !!

I forwarded an email from DVLA to this company which stated that pre 97 B+Es can legally supervise but they refuse to acknowledge that fact so I can only assume they are doing this for personal gain - I wonder what the ASA will say......

IAM Observer

#6 19-04-12 20:19:27

ratty

(ROG) wrote:
pegasus wrote:

Precisely !!

I forwarded an email from DVLA to this company which stated that pre 97 B+Es can legally supervise but they refuse to acknowledge that fact so I can only assume they are doing this for personal gain - I wonder what the ASA will say......

So haven't you answered your own original question?

#7 20-04-12 08:27:53

(ROG)
Verified Member

Give the company a big handclap - it seems that they have put things right by removing the incorrect legal info - good on them - very swift professional action

My guess is that they were given duff info from somewhere because their swift action shows that they want to get it right

Why it should take a non official numpty like me to point this out still irks me though

IAM Observer

#8 20-04-12 15:50:56

ratty

(ROG) wrote:

Give the company a big handclap - it seems that they have put things right by removing the incorrect legal info - good on them - very swift professional action

My guess is that they were given duff info from somewhere because their swift action shows that they want to get it right

Why it should take a non official numpty like me to point this out still irks me though

Oh I bet secretly you enjoy doing things like that really. wink

#9 21-04-12 08:57:03

(ROG)
Verified Member

ratty wrote:

Oh I bet secretly you enjoy doing things like that really. wink

Most trainers including this one give out great informative info but when they either inadvertantly or deliberately give out false info then it diminishes the credibility of all the good info about

I don't go around the internet looking for things like this but when I do spot such then its not that much of a deal to inform the company that their info, IMO, is not correct and they really need to investigate it

Over the last few days 2 people have got a little confused with some wording on the NTTA site which says, quite correctly, that - Check that the Trailer Gross Weight does not exceed the Towing Capacity of the Towing vehicle. - but the words gross weight have been confused with Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) meaning the MAM
NTTA has correctly meant gross weight to mean actual weight of the trailer and its load

That has fuelled the MYTH that the trailer MAM must not exceed the towing capacity of the vehicle because it might lead to potential overloading which is doing the rounds on the internet

After a chat with NTTA on the phone they could see how that could be misinterperetted and are now considering changing it

Pity that the DVLA will not recognise that they could do things better by giving info in plain english!!

IAM Observer

#10 24-04-12 07:54:23

(ROG)
Verified Member

I found another one!!  roll
http://www.cartrailertraining.co.uk/cat … lained.php

You can only accompany a Cat B+E learner driver if you have passed the specific Cat B+E test yourself, (or greater i.e. Cat C+E) those who had Cat B+E entitlement granted  prior to 1 January 1997 (grandfather rights) are not allowed to accompany a Cat B+E learner driver.

IAM Observer

Board footer