You are not logged in.

#1 17-12-11 22:25:43

on board training

Btec Level 4 Coaching Course in Scotland in 2012

Hi,

Tri-Coaching Partnership are bringing the Btec level 4 Coaching Course to Scotland to benefit Scottish ADIs without the need for them to travel several hundred miles to do so, as for some, this is just not practical.

A number of ADIs have already shown interest in attending courses taking place in the Central Belt of Scotland and it will be four single training days spread evenly over the year with the first day scheduled for Monday 23rd April 2012 within the Shawlands Park Hotel on A71 near Larkhall.

I have just completed the year's course with 9 of our instructors and I am more than happy to provide information about my experience of the course. If you are interested in attending a Scottish based course, please contact either myself or Tri-Coaching Partnership and/or Graham Hooper forum member.

I know the course will take place and it is just a matter of how many can we get running at the same time.

While I am assisting with co-ordination of this course, neither On Board Training nor I are making anything financially from it as we are giving our time freely to help provide opportunities for the Scottish instructors.

I have a meeting about funding tomorrow and it is likely that 50% funding will be available for some ADIs depending on where they stay.

Cheers, Brian

Last edited by on board training (20-03-12 17:11:13)

17-12-11 22:25:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Btec Level 4 Coaching Course in Scotland in 2012

#2 20-03-12 17:12:31

on board training

Now updated with course start date.

#3 20-03-12 23:26:26

on board training

Hi - the cost to the ADI is in the added value to what they are doing for the time spent developing their skills.

Financially the course is £700 and then the possibility of a grant to pay the ADI back £350 on completion.

Excellent value for money when everything taken into account.

Brian

#4 21-03-12 19:48:41

on board training

Hi, I like to think I am very noble towards this profession............... so thank you.

Too many people get wrapped up in their own wee moans and groans worrying about what others are doing..................... so I will do what I can to help others be more successful and more positive.

I believe that what goes round comes round and have always given my time freely to assist others - a bit alien to some i know ............. but I find it is worth the effort.

Brian
p.s. £700 for a course with years of benefit is a real investment even for those who don't get a grant towards it 38p a day investment over 5 years.

#5 04-04-12 17:40:20

on board training

Hi,

Confirmation now received that at least 4 of the local authorities in the old Strathclyde Region area have limited grant funding available towards this course.

If you stay in Scotland and are interested in this course please contact me to establish if your area is one which will provide grant funding towards the course on completion.

Cheers, brian

#6 14-04-12 13:08:14

on board training

Hi,

Only a few places left for this 1st Course in Scotland starting Monday 23rd April 2012.

I have established that regardless of where you stay in Scotland you may get up to 50% funding towards this course on completion.

Contact me for details - Brian

#7 14-04-12 13:32:59

Promanade

What do you mean "you MAY get funding" roll you either do or you dont your the organiser!!!!!" so you should know. Do you or dont you get funding????!

#8 14-04-12 13:53:45

on board training

Hi Promenade,

If the grant application form is submitted properly and meets all the criteria then yes the person will get approval for funding they then need to claim it once they complete the course.

An example is I heard someone saying last year they got refused for funding for a course and it was due to no funds left in the pot but it was due to the way they completed their form as I then applied to the same source for funding and got approved.

So the word 'may' is very relevant and no need to be so antagonistic in your question - you are still coming across as though you may have some issues but that is just my interpretation.

Have you done this coaching course elsewhere? You may learn something about yourself during the self reflection.

Just a thought.

Brian

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#9 14-04-12 15:54:20

G
Verified Member
Website

I am not in Scotland but seriously looking into this course as I had trained with John before. Where would I start looking to see if a grant maybe available in my area?

www.drivinglessonsedenbridge.co.uk
Grade 6 ADI
ORDIT registered Instructor Trainer

#10 14-04-12 16:05:58

on board training

PM sent

#11 14-04-12 16:48:38

martin Williams
Verified Member

Can you just clarify please?

Am i right in saying that ADIs pay the full price for the course take the course then hopfully will get 50% back? Also what do you mean by stay in Scotland?  Is the grant avaliable for ADIs who live in England and Wales?

Thanks,

Martin

Last edited by martin Williams (14-04-12 16:49:10)

#12 14-04-12 16:58:29

on board training

Hi Martin,

ADIs pay the full price for this course and it can be paid up monthly.

This course qualifies for funding from some local authorities in Scotland and also through Skills Development Scotland for ADIs in all areas of Scotland.

ADIs would need to contact their own local council to see what grants were available for business development or training grants - some have sourced funding from councils outwith Scotland but which ones I do not know - hence you shuld contact your own.

Brian

#13 14-04-12 20:09:40

G
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Brian much appreciated will check it out & let you know how I get on
Graham

www.drivinglessonsedenbridge.co.uk
Grade 6 ADI
ORDIT registered Instructor Trainer

Board footer