You are not logged in.

#1 08-04-12 11:28:45

paulcook2
Website

Good advice to chat to the SE at my local Test Centre?

Hi

I'm shortly going to undertake some check test training.  It's been suggested that I should also arrange a quick chat with the Supervising Examiner at my local Test Centre (from a development poing of view). This has thrown me a bit.... Would he / she have any interest in helping us ADIs?  Maybe I'm suffering from a "them and us" thing.... Has anyone done this?

08-04-12 11:28:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Good advice to chat to the SE at my local Test Centre?

#2 08-04-12 11:38:20

Roadmaster
Verified Member

It's always good to get to know the bloke (or madam) who is going to test you, but detams, as they're now known, are all very different.  As for helping, what help do you want?  They aren't going to help you plan a checktest lesson.

#3 08-04-12 11:49:09

Evan
Administrator

By chatting with the SE it may take some of the nerves out of the situation. Like most pupils before the test, its always the worry about how the examiner is going to be on the day that sets the nerves going. If you can have an informal chat, and get a feel for the person it will perhaps make you a little more relaxed on the day. After all they are only doing a job, and certainly don't get into the car with a negative attitude towards you.

Good luck with your CT.  wink

Board footer