You are not logged in.

#1 06-04-12 13:54:00

on board training

50% Funding Available Thoughout Scotland for - Btec Level 4 Coaching

Hi,

As title.

I have just had word today that 50% Funding is available thoughout Scotland for this course.

It still involves you paying the course upfront or paid up weekly and the 50% is a Grant on completion of the course.

PM me for further details if you are interested.

Cheers, Brian

06-04-12 13:54:00

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 50% Funding Available Thoughout Scotland for - Btec Level 4 Coaching

#2 06-04-12 16:50:36

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Brian,
Is this a self-promotional post promoting your company?

#3 06-04-12 21:45:08

on board training

Hi VANDA,

What do you mean as a self promotional - I am promoting a course for ADIs to do and have persuaded the course Qualification Centre to bring it to Scotland at a discounted price - I am doing legwork to get things in place for it. Neither me nor On Board Training are getting anything financial from this - is it a unique course in the market place for ADIs with no-one else doing it? - yes I think it is - so no competition for the course but ADIs need to know about it to go.
In the current market ADIs benefit from funding from different sources to do CPD so I have researched avenues for funding.

I am doing this for the common good of the industry we all work in - if that is seen as self promotional then so be it but I don't see it as self promotional.

I am quite fed up with people in the industry moaning about doing or not doing CPD when it is optional at the moment - Rosemary Thew herself has stated in writing that this course appears to meet all the criteria as recommended in the new training standards and has stated  - if that is the case it is a valuable tool in the ADI toolbox.

Why am I doing this for the industry rather than just concentrating on me to make loads more money? I sometimes question myself - but suffice to say I feel strong enough about the industry standards that I will be making moves towards a social enterprise within this industry to make some serious changes how some things are done.

Sorry I have gone off at a tangent - now you know a bit more is there enough information for others to decide if this is self promotion or not.

Brian

#4 06-04-12 22:22:29

on board training

Hi,

I am afraid some have made this a cottage industry and in many circles it is further away from being a profession.

However - industry can mean - 2.A particular form or branch of economic or commercial activity: "the tourist industry". or dare I say the driving instruction industry

Brian

#5 07-04-12 06:25:30

Roadmaster
Verified Member

The transport minister, DSA and the ADI associations all refer to us being an industry, which according to the Oxford dictionary definitions are:

economic activity concerned with the processing of raw materials and manufacture of goods in factories:

a particular form or branch of economic or commercial activity:

an activity or domain in which a great deal of effort is expended:

hard work

the 3rd, 4th and 5th all describe  our work.

Why get so worked up about what we are called?       Prostitutes are often called professionals too.

Last edited by Roadmaster (07-04-12 06:26:01)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 07-04-12 07:12:51

ratty

Wessex wrote:

Stop calling it a b l o o d y industry!!! We are Professionals running a business.  Industry conjures up a factory with workers at a lathe or work bench.  Since when has the teaching Profession been an industry?  Would you call University teaching an industry?  Well don't call our Teaching Profession an industry.  If you want an industry go and mine coal!

I used to work in 'industry'. I used to operate machines in a factory which churned out pieces for other machines, the finished products. I had to gain some difficult qualifications at college to do this as well as serving a four year apprenticeship. I earned money from doing the course which paid for my living. I like to think I was a professional person when I was doing this.

Now I work as an ADI. I don't work in a factory any more and I certainly do not have to be as qualified as I used to have to be, but I still feel as if I churn out a finished product. I'm not sure there is much difference really, why are you getting so wound up about a description?

#7 07-04-12 09:18:23

Daveyboy
Verified Member

Take and pay for an advert at the top of the page and leave the forum alone.

The course is a commercial, and therefore designed to make you money.

Doing this course will not earn you more money; it’s just another marketing line.

The only person who makes more money is the course provider/presenter.

#8 07-04-12 11:30:22

Roadmaster
Verified Member

It's  a  sneaky way of advertising for someone else who are obviously struggling to fill their very expensive courses.

These people bombard ADIs with rubbish to try and sell their very expensive courses.  Look at what they are now trying to frighten gullible ADIs with from their latest message:

One reason might be that the DSA are looking for more of a client-centred approach - while we are well aware that the DSA have stated that they want instructors to adopt a client-centred approach, even we were surprised to hear that one of our new customers had been marked down to a lower grade on his Check-Test recently because his training was not sufficiently client-centred; 

What absolute nonsense.   

No one works for nothing.  OBT will be getting something from it.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 07-04-12 13:27:41

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Wessex wrote:

To Ratty & Roadmaster, I know I go on about it a bit. :

Bit of an understatement I think  big_smile

Wessex wrote:

.  The way forward into the new chapter for us is to be taken a bit more seriously than we are and to present ourselves more professionally.

It's never going to change unless/until we can get rid of DSA having the control.   What we need is our own professional body to look after us, as most other professions have.   We could then set our own high standards.

It would cost a lot of money, but 47,000 of us pay £300 for nothing at present, so that money would be a start.  The biggest problem  would be choosing who to run it.  Theres no way any of the current associations are either capable or can be trusted.

Last edited by Roadmaster (07-04-12 15:17:22)

#10 08-04-12 07:04:10

ratty

I suspect that the driver training business would be considered more professional if more ADIs were more professional.

I can not see how it can be taken seriously when the big money appears to be in training ADIs as opposed to being ADIs. When trainees can earn the same money as fully qualified ADIs usually because they don't tell their customer that they are trainees and the customer doesn't know any different, and when a lot of ADIs either choose to do the job for pocket money or can not make a good living out of the job despite there being thousands of new people wanting training every year. Sorry but this situation does not sound very professional to me, it sounds like a bit of a mess and if we as a collective can be bothered to sort it out we are not being very professional at all as far as I'm concerned.

By the way Wessex, on your posts you state that you are 'Employed by Dorset Police'. To me that means that you work for them full time, but I don't think you do, certainly not as a driving instructor at the driving school, do you just do NDAC and DASA courses for them or do you work for them and do instruction as a second job?

#11 08-04-12 09:33:41

ratty

Wessex wrote:

Hi Ratty, you're right,

1   I'm not employed full time, I haven't said I do. 

2   Drivers that commit a driving offence can be invited to attend a course.  Not all Police Authorities include a driving assessment as part of the course.  Financial constraints.  However Dorset Police do and I am their Automatic assessor for drivers on the course that either have an automatic entitlement only on their licence or have not driven a manual for many years and wish to be assessed in an automatic.

3   I'm called in two or three times a month but I am entitled and have permission to use the phrase I do.

Hi Wessex

1  I didn't say you had.

2  Herts do the same, I used to do the same twice a week on their Speeding courses, although I am actually working for the course provider which in Herts case is the council as opposed to the police force. Does Dorset police actually run their own courses as opposed to using an external course provider, I didn't think any police force did this?

3  I'm sure you are but it just seems a little strange that you use this in your posts when you only work for them two or three times a month.

Thanks for your reply.

Board footer