You are not logged in.

#1 06-06-05 19:39:22

msdarcy721

New learner driver n forum member!

Hello everyone.  Lol i'm a new member to this site, so thought wud say hi.  It looks really good.  Have seen loads of info published on the diff forums, all really useful and interesting.  I kinda hev two things that are scarin me a lil behind the wheel, during my lessons, if ya don't mind offering a lil bit of advice.

I don't feel confident when i'm trying to emerge from junctions.  I'm way too hesistant and miss the split second chances i have to emerge.  Tis kinda gettin in the way, because i'm scared of pulling out at the wrong time, having not correctly judged the speed and distance of the two way traffic.  I think may be it ust requires a little more experience and gettin used to junctions.

I've had about 25-26 lessons now i think. Got my theory on friday which i'm lookin forward too. Tis fun tho

Thanks a lot

06-06-05 19:39:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: New learner driver n forum member!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 07-06-05 11:44:29

jimbo

Hi msdarcy721, Welcome to the forum - if you have doubts about pulling out at a junction you probably shouldn't be going.  Look for the gaps rather than the vehicles,  your instructor will probably encourage you to go when it's appropriate and that way you can learn to educate your judgement of what's a safe gap.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 07-06-05 13:13:26

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi Cath,

A big warm welcome to the boards!

As Jimbo says

Look for the gaps rather than the vehicles

(But don't forget the vehicles either wink )

If you have been a pedestrian for 17+ years then you should have some sort of judgement on approaching traffic. Perhaps you lack a little confidence in how your car will react when you start pulling away. If you gain confidence in your car and your ability to make it go then emerging becomes a lot easier.

Get the car into the optimum position ( mainly where you can see best ) and get ready to go. As a gap seems to be approaching get the button in on the handbrake and release it slowly as the vehicle passes. Your instructor should be able to help with the timing.

Good luck with the theory test as well.

Regards,

#4 08-06-05 19:49:12

msdarcy721

Thanks very much for your help!  It sounds a really daft thing to say, but i was gettin a little worried about the seemingly non ending traffic flow, that i wasn't really focussin on the gaps, judging speed and distance accordingly.  You've really inspired me.

Thanks so much

x

Board footer