You are not logged in.

#1 18-04-04 01:12:37

Badger

Professional or Amateur with Enquiries

Apologies to those who have already read this message but it was going off thread in the Prices string so I have resited it here.

Answering queries is so important and is the first impression that a prospect gets of the driving school they are trying to contact

I was trying to find an ADI for a stray pupil

I made seven phone calls to appropriate ADIs listed in the Yellow Pages.

Out of seven calls I made one ADI contact.

Two calls the phone just rang and rang and.........rang

Two calls left a message that never came back to me.

One call spoke to wife/girlfriend with child crying in background and dog barking (at phone presumably) left message never heard back.

One call transferred me to a mobile that just went dead......... three times.

The last call got the pupil and was duly grateful.

What would a member of the public have thought about that I wonder

Once the Contact handling procedure is sorted and slick the telephone manner needs to be perfected.

Websites dont close sales -  people do.  The telesales professionals say that you should stand up and smile when speaking on the phone.

Have facts and figures to hand and ask and listen to the prospect

Badger

18-04-04 01:12:37

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Professional or Amateur with Enquiries

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 20-04-04 21:52:41

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I found the same, some 6 months ago.

I called local ADI's to find out how much they charge, Many of the calls came to nothing, One ADI had the wrong mobile number on the roof box !

1st  Call =  Yea hiya !
2nd Call =  Answer phone
3rd Call =  where do you live, Why do you want to learn to drive, How old are you, Right OK - Can i take your number and call you back ? (one question after another and never did get a answer to how much a lesson was)
4th Call = No answer
5th Call = No answer
6th Call = Good afternoon, How can i help you ?

I gave up after the lat '6th' call as i got one price and a happy voice.

#3 30-04-04 15:53:12

TDC
Verified Member

thats more than likely due to the fact that most driving instructors are only that, they are not marketing people, sales people or business people hence some charging ridiculously low prices for their skills.

Im so good its unbelievable

#4 30-04-04 16:12:20

jonks

You are quite right badger

I am just sorting out a marketing campaign for one of our members and I am advising to target telephone enquiries over E-mail.

It works far better but yes, you must be able to answer the phone or have someone else to answer it, and you must have a good telephone manner.

If you target taking enquiries for your driving school by E-mail, you will loose most of these potential students before you even get back to them. 17 to 25 year olds (your target customers) tend to book things on impulse, if they have to send an E-mail and wait for a response, chances are they will find an alternative and book it, before you even get back to them.

Board footer