You are not logged in.

#1 12-03-12 21:17:45

mon
Verified Member
Website

Cyclists Breaking Red Lights...

Just driving today up to junction controlled by lights,have a professional looking Cyclists in front of me...you know the type who has spent a fortune getting the cool gear trendy shades space age helment.The lights start changing back to Red as we approach...and were Red as the cyclist just sailed on round junction not a care in world.The reason I'm putting this up is I'm interested to know does the Police in your Area ever book these guys for the obivious or is it like here never heard of.
Personally think they should be dealt with more severly.....

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

12-03-12 21:17:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Cyclists Breaking Red Lights...

#2 12-03-12 21:28:42

Evan
Administrator

There was a case on Radio 2 recently where a police officer did actually stop a cyclist for this very offence. I am finding the behaviour of a lot of the cyclists flaming dangerous and in some cases down right arrogant lately. Especially the ones who decide to ride 2 abreast on tight NSL lanes, often making almost impossible to get past them.

Last edited by Evan (12-03-12 21:31:05)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 12-03-12 22:20:57

CantThinkofaName
Verified Member

A pet hate of mine are cyclists who seem to demand respect from drivers but ride through red lights and crossings and breaking numerous laws and with immunity. Meanwhile 10s of thousands of pounds spent on cycle lanes for their safety are left unused. Not long ago a 'professional' cyclist cycling on the footpath(not a cycle lane) shot straight across the junction in front of us as we turned left, he just looked at us and laughed. But I think it is a problem with everyone in general, not just cyclists. How many times do you get pedestrians walking in front of you without even a glance at a junction? Or crossing busy roads when there is a pedestrian crossing only yards away. Seems everyone thinks it's the driver who should be responsible for their safety despite their own irresponsibilies.

DKL Driving School Belfast www.drivinglessonsbelfast.co.uk

#4 12-03-12 22:26:03

Evan
Administrator

Very good points and I agree with them all, CTOAN

Board footer