You are not logged in.

#1 05-02-12 21:32:36

jimjam

just starting

hello i have been lurking here a while and found it very informative, i have recently purchased a driving instructors course off ebay the training is with ldc and any information or peoples personal experience of them would be great, i know many people favour training with an independent trainer rather than a national school but this was to much of a bargain to turn down.

although it was a sudden purchase it was not done on a whim,i have been contemplating doing the training for the last 18 months and with enforced pay cuts and seeing our terms and conditions changed at work and finding the course for sale, everything seemed to fall into place timing wise, i am under no illusions  as to how hard the training will be but i hope that with a lot of hard work and also the fact that i can take my time within the two years as i do have a job will enable to me to get the green badge.

hope i haven't bored you and will probably be asking loads of questions so all advice will be greatly appreciated

05-02-12 21:32:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: just starting

#2 05-02-12 21:47:44

mdf0075

Good luck JimJam

part 1 - 98/54
part 1 - 98/62
part 2 - 4 minors
part 3 - pst2 5-5
check test -?

#3 05-02-12 21:59:22

WillyO

Hi JimJam, without seeming like a killjoy, I have always stated the Driving Instructor is the "Last Chance Saloon" in employment. The whole world will probably end up being a driving instructor. If you have done your homework ie; checked the need for more competition in the area you will expect to work? Will there be enough work in your area to support your lifestyle, pay your mortgage etc. If as you say you have studied the Forum for the past few weeks you will find that this job is no walk in the park, there are also people in this line of work struggling.It doesn't just mean move in and under-cut the competition that's a recipe for disaster.In these times I can only wish you the best and Good Luck! Willy.

A wise man does not need advice, But, only a fool won't take it.   Miam, DIAmond Advanced Test, DIAmond Special Test.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 05-02-12 22:21:27

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

However, there are those struggling across the World right now.
It can be very rewarding, and good fun, but, do make sure you know the potential ups and downs, as with everything.
Good luck

LA

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#5 06-02-12 19:26:37

jimjam

cheers for the advice and good luck messages i certainly dont expect to be living the tv dream but i do believe there is always room for a good professional instructor in any area, lifestyle wise i intend to keep my day job unless redundancies become compulsory rather than voluntary and i will also keep my mobile disco running, hopefully i can source some pupils from this as it is a great chance to chat with people give out cards ect especially doing the 18ths ect, please dont think im arrogant when i mention getting pupils i know im at the begining of the process with a lot of hard work but there is no maybe in my mind, i am commited and will succeed because i want this so badly.

#6 22-02-12 21:59:17

martin1970

hi jimjam,

currently doing the LDC package, found the modules for part 1 never-ending, I do suggest that also start on the theory and HP discs just to get used to how the clips work however do stick with the modules as there is a lot of info that is needed for the theory. I did also purchase another training disc - driving test success all tests 2011 (2012 is out now)and found this software very good.

Not had much dealing with head office or training team but keep an eye out for when you get your mock test results back as they do not always mark them properly, don't expect them to chase you, you need to keep the process going.

hope this will help

Part 1 Passed 24/12/2011 - 99/65  smile
Part 2 Passed 26/03/2012 - 3 minors  smile
Part 3 TBC....... neutral

#7 23-02-12 18:32:25

jimjam

cheers for the info martin i'm slowly working my way through the modules and have my assesment drive booked in for april but i have spoken to my trainer a couple of times already and he sounds a really nice easy going bloke so hopefully it will all go smoothly.

Board footer