You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 23-01-12 23:10:00

MaxsMasterClass

New Training Vehicle

Always a big decision to change your training vehicle. My 206 is costing far too much to keep on the road, ok clutches and tyres are just running expenses but it’s all the silly electrical faults and poor design faults that are costing. I am happy with it as a training vehicle and have had Peugeot’s before in a previous life and done over 200K miles with them with very little problems. Any suggestions for a reliable training vehicle, great fan of Audi but don’t think I can stretch to an A1 just yet !

Max's Master Class | Driving Lessons Stoke on Trent
http://www.maxsmasterclass.com

23-01-12 23:10:00

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: New Training Vehicle

#2 10-02-12 22:02:29

accordintomaz

I've got Punto Evo

Great, reliable, pupils love it.

2nd new style punto ive had.  first one passed on to my daugther at 60k miles as it was starting to cost me money but ok if not being hammered daily

#3 10-02-12 23:50:54

gadgetdriver
Website

I know today's Mini is different to the one I had in 2003 but I'd still suggest it's not up to the job. I loved driving it, but mine needed a new clutch, new steering column and I got rid of it well before the planned 2 years due to an untraceable engine management fault which caused cut-outs just when you didn't need them, i.e. as you start to accelerate after slowing down (but not stopping) for roundabouts etc. Not good for a brand new car! My Clio 3 I thought was really detached from the driving experience but really easy and light for learners, and my best car was an 08 Megane (not the latest shape) which was comfortable, had some elbow room, felt solid and handled well, but was still easy for pupils. It helped that I got 26% off the price  cool
For my list of must-haves ... electric mirrors because they're adjusted so often, climate control because I'm lazy and want to set the temp and forget (aircon isn't enough!), then the standard stuff like good visibility and a bit of comfort (it's my office).

ADI since 2004.
Producer of animated and printed briefing materials.
www.drivertrainingacademy.com

#4 13-02-12 10:23:28

Mark-IDS
Website

For me, the best car I had was a Ford Focus...although the new one is too big for me.
I've also taught in a Corsa and a Peugeot 307. The 307 was fortunately on a lease deal, because after 12 months and 27k miles, it needed a new clutch and the interior was starting to rattle!

Our instructors are reporting back that the Citroen C2 is a very good teaching car. Not one of the mainstream cars, but well worth a look.

Hope this helps

#5 13-02-12 17:38:34

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

i am just about to change my training car, from my trusty 2009 Mk6 VW Golf to a 2011 VW polo.
the golf has been excellent and previous i had the Grande Punto which my wife now drives as our family car.
Both these have been great teaching cars, and both 3 door.
The new polo is A 5 door car, but until i get it on saturday i dont know how much better it will be to the golf, but a friend of mine went from Golf to Polo and said pupils found it easier to drive.

Board footer