You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 03-02-12 16:27:42

Born Saintly
Verified Member

Role Play or Student and what Subject

Whilst we have a good discussion going on about the check test in another thread Letter to DSA

What is your favoured lesson and do you go for role play or take a student along and why.

In the past I have done both Role play and Student check tests, and reading through most check test forums/threads I reckon most ADI  go for taking a Student.

I prefer Role Play. Students do can and do the unexpected when we least expect it and don't immediately get it right the next time or the time after that.

With a SE he or she will make mistakes but they are generally obvious mistakes and all they want is for you to show them the core competencies. They may well make the same mistake again but they will then move onto the the next fault. They won't get nervous either because they are enjoying themselves.

As for the lesson itself I have never done a manoeuvre and I know a lot of people would say don't because the SE gets bored as apparently they do a lot of these, I have no opinion on this, like I said I have done one on a check test.

I prefer a lesson that the car is moving, my last check test was based on Double mini roundabouts, remember the SE only had ten minutes to prepare himself and still had no idea of my route and when was the last time someone chose this subject, not many I'm guessing. Its just junctions with a reasonable experienced learner or in the Role Play case a very experienced driver making obvious mistakes.

Hopefully thats enough to start a good discussion.

Rich

03-02-12 16:27:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Role Play or Student and what Subject

Board footer