You are not logged in.

#1 29-01-12 19:51:30

kung

Please advise me on returning to C+E driving.

Hi all
I passed my C+E test on 01/07/2005 and was driving for about 8mths due to not much work about for a new driver so had to take temp work plus flatbed working with pallets for pallet firm so not much driving really since test pass ! now i want to return to driving but i think i would be best doing a refresher course possibly ! i also have to apply for a digital tacho card plus i have heard about the driver cpc but am a bit confused as to if the driver cpc will give me the refresh i need or do you think i would be better doing a refresher 1st ? please advise !
Kind regards
Tony.

29-01-12 19:51:30

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Please advise me on returning to C+E driving.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 30-01-12 10:45:28

(ROG)
Verified Member

Lots have changed since 2005 - especially the regs so here are some links you NEED to read

EU REGS = http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex … 013:EN:PDF
VOSA GUIDE TO REGS = https://online.businesslink.gov.uk/Tran … s_0511.pdf
NEW AETR REGS =  http://www.unece.org/trans/doc/2010/sc1 … ETR-en.pdf
MOBILE WTD = http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. … nce?page=4
VOSA FINES = http://www.urtu.com/uploads/VOSA%20Fixe … 0Fines.pdf

To be honest, no authority polices the RTWTD but some companies seem to be worried about it - dunno why - they just do

Half a day artic refresher with a lgv school is a good idea

Jobs market has gone down the toilet for LGV drivers

Driver CPC - you need to complete 35 hours of periodic dcpc before 09/09/2014 in order to drive LGVs commercially (not privately) after that date
Most dcpc is classroom based (unless you have deep pockets for practical courses) and for most they learn very little from it
In your case I suggest taking a drivers hours and tachographs course of 7 hours

This link may help further - http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/index.php

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#3 30-01-12 11:59:22

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

ROG

If as you suggest, Kung takes a Half day artic refresher, would it not be possible and more benificial to make it a full day DCPC on say "SAFED", with half classroom and half vehicle, then as you suggest, 7hrs tacho/WTD some other day? that way he is paying for an extra "half day" but would have 14hrs DCPC.

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 30-01-12 13:04:26

(ROG)
Verified Member

EKAL wrote:

ROG

If as you suggest, Kung takes a Half day artic refresher, would it not be possible and more benificial to make it a full day DCPC on say "SAFED", with half classroom and half vehicle, then as you suggest, 7hrs tacho/WTD some other day? that way he is paying for an extra "half day" but would have 14hrs DCPC.

I was considering that but it is likely to be VERY expensive and not likely to be doing much reversing etc

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#5 30-01-12 17:29:42

kung

Thanks for your replies ! much appreciated. At the moment im a self employed electrician but sick of competing with unqualified diyers and with the cost of £600 a year just to be NICEIC reg and the growing cost only to be working now and then as im 44 from now till i retire i want to drive artics for a living as i enjoyed driving them and the feeling i got when behind the wheel was 2nd to none ! even if i did take a wrong turn one day and end up a mile down a windy country road that got narrower and the tree branches lower loaded with pallets on a flat bed only to take out a very low power cable !  sad that put me off driving a bit ! but the copper did admit there wasnt a unsuitable for hgv sign at the start of the road ! !!!!!!!! sat navs ! I do think i would get some good from the DCPC and refreasher course so thanks i will look into that in the Reading, Berkshire area.

Board footer